George H.W. Bush, 41st president Dead at 94

newfie

GW wasn't much beyond his military service. He was kinda a punk in his later years. Just my opinion.

unfortunately i think dana carveys portrayal of him was a little too close to accurate .

nice guy who started the bush dynasty. for Trump to win he had to beat back the bush / clinton power lock .

vantexan

unfortunately i think dana carveys portrayal of him was a little too close to accurate .

nice guy who started the bush dynasty. for Trump to win he had to beat back the bush / clinton power lock .
Actually his father was the Connecticut senator Prescott Bush. The Bushes have been around awhile. I think a guy who comes from that kind of privilege and volunteers to fight, like Kennedy, should be respected. I didn't like what McCain had become, but I know I couldn't endure what he did in Vietnam.

newfie

Actually his father was the Connecticut senator Prescott Bush. The Bushes have been around awhile. I think a guy who comes from that kind of privilege and volunteers to fight, like Kennedy, should be respected. I didn't like what McCain had become, but I know I couldn't endure what he did in Vietnam.

i know of his father. the bush dynasty really seemed to take root under HW though . with the sons and grandsons many of whom also entered politics.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What did McCain become?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
For one he blocked the demise of Obamacare.
Because he represented Arizona which has a lot of people using Obamacare and the fact that there was no replacement for it after the Repugs saying for 6 years that they had an alternative.

Not to mention that Trump criticized him for being a POW.

ALL THAT SAID,yeah I agree that was egregious. The Dims would have voted for a replacement if Trump and Congress ever figured that out.
I think they are as clueless now as they were 2 years ago.

vantexan

Because he represented Arizona which has a lot of people using Obamacare and the fact that there was no replacement for it after the Repugs saying for 6 years that they had an alternative.

ALL THAT SAID,yeah I agree that was egregious. The Dims would have voted for a replacement if Trump and Congress ever figured that out.
True, Bacha asked about when I ever criticized Republicans. I certainly have, and their not being ready to replace Obamacare when they had run on doing just that is a prime example. Not funding the wall is another. Not cutting spending too(and I realize that funding the wall is spending, priorities). McCain came into office when AZ was much more Republican. He became more liberal, reflecting the demographic changes of AZ. He should either have stayed true or got out, not whore himself. Flake is another example.

floridays

He was re-elected for his positions against Obama care, and strengthening the border. He lied to get re-elected.
I'll respect his military service, but piss on the rest of his government service. POS, my opinion strictly.

newfie

yep , we cant even get the one step forward to go with the two steps back.

vantexan

Isn't that what an elected official is suppose to do?
Not in my book. You take positions, and if majority vote for those positions you stay true to that. Changing your view with every political wind to stay in power isn't leadership. If your position is no longer in favor you leave office.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Not in my book. You take positions, and if majority vote for those positions you stay true to that. Changing your view with every political wind to stay in power isn't leadership. If your position is no longer in favor you leave office.
Obviously, you are not a politician.

It will be fine

I think the best leaders will change the majority’s mind in those cases. They are elected to represent the interests of their constituents, that doesn’t necessarily align with what the constituents think. Our elected officials should be acting under better information than we have and if we’re collectively wrong they should work to convince us why they are correct.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He was re-elected for his positions against Obama care, and strengthening the border. He lied to get re-elected.
I'll respect his military service, but piss on the rest of his government service. POS, my opinion strictly.
I respect your opinion although I don't agree with all aspects.