George H.W. Bush, 41st president Dead at 94

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Ann Coulter - the funeral for HW bush will commence as soon as the McCain funeral completes.
All I care about is when it is over ... I know more about 41 than I need to know already and I've been listening to music since he died until this hysteria is over.
If I'm watching news and GHW Bush comes on, I turn.

floridays

I don't live in Arizona so I am not knowledgeable of his 'promises'.
Dig this my brother, just a start, enjoy it in the entirety.
I don't live there either, I do however remember his grandstanding on these two topics. The material is abundant. Did you or your wife ever say I will to each other? McCain did at the 3:37 mark and elaborated to 4:05.

Full disclosure Old Friend, I don't like the guy, haven't since he voted against MLK national holiday. McCain to me is a political POS and a peter principle Naval Officer. I do respect his service notwithstanding his starting on third base.
I do respect a Senate and Naval colleague of his, the Honorable Rear Admiral and former Senator from Alabama, Jeremiah Denton, not so much the former Senator McCain.

floridays

Because he represented Arizona which has a lot of people using Obamacare and the fact that there was no replacement for it after the Repugs saying for 6 years that they had an alternative.

Not to mention that Trump criticized him for being a POW.

ALL THAT SAID,yeah I agree that was egregious. The Dims would have voted for a replacement if Trump and Congress ever figured that out.
I think they are as clueless now as they were 2 years ago.
I don't think they are clueless Old Man, I think many, starting with the leadership actually wanted it, as they ran on repeal. They materially misrepresented their true position to gain votes.
There, I fixed it since you don't like my usage of the word lie, or lied.
In the future I will refer to campaign positions, or their "What I will Do," as simple bait to entice a vote, and not a 'Promise' to do something that misrepresented their true position.

oldngray

nowhere special
534a.jpg

Untitled.png

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sully will now go to Walter Reed and be of service to others.
My understanding is that Bush Sr.only had the dog since his wife died.....really attached!

vantexan

I think the best leaders will change the majority’s mind in those cases. They are elected to represent the interests of their constituents, that doesn’t necessarily align with what the constituents think. Our elected officials should be acting under better information than we have and if we’re collectively wrong they should work to convince us why they are correct.
OK, but when was the last time you had your mind changed by a political leader who's position was opposite of what you believed and wanted?

newfie

Sully will now go to Walter Reed and be of service to others.
My understanding is that Bush Sr.only had the dog since his wife died.....really attached!

I'm kind of trying to figure out why someone like HW who had so much support from friends and family would have needed a service dog.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why, he's doing what he promised he'd do. But as far as personal character goes he doesn't hold a candle to George H.W. Bush.
Really?
I'm pretty sure there isn't a border wall and Mexico isn't paying for it.

He decided not to pursue locking Hillary up.

He didn't label China a currency manipulator.

The guy is full of *it, and you gobble it up.

Sad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm kind of trying to figure out why someone like HW who had so much support from friends and family would have needed a service dog.
When you drop something, they pick it up for you. When you are alone, they are company. They are trained to do whatever you need....they can open the fridge and get u a beer too!

vantexan

Really?
I'm pretty sure there isn't a border wall and Mexico isn't paying for it.

He decided not to pursue locking Hillary up.

He didn't label China a currency manipulator.

The guy is full of *it, and you gobble it up.

Sad.
And you know there's much more to it than what you are saying. I've just said that Trump doesn't have the character of George Bush, and from your postings I have no doubt that you lack the character of Trump. Now that's what is really sad.