Getting fired

Terry D.

Not getting fired for the DUI! Only 1 DUI not 2. Getting fired for job abandonment, which I wasn't. Management claims I just didn't contact at anytime. center manager gave other drivers I work with vacation weekS when they were arrested or needed time. Not me though as the Div. Manager got a whiff of it and was out to can anybody that fell in the net. Yes that's a capital S on weeks.

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well being human I made a huge mistake and losing my job won't take it back. I didn't and don't need judgments I need advice. I take full responsibility for my actions, as many other drivers who have gotten DUIs have, even in my center which is in Napa. Does that mean I should be treated differently than other drivers in my center or anywhere else?

Try applying as driver helper in December, i heard they hire convicts .
Also i think USPS is hiring. Goodluck

Camping Nana

Really? No one on this forum had ever had one two many? Yeah right. I'd be willing to bet the ups drunk driver rate is way higher than most other jobs. We spend 8-12 a day professionally driving. I know I've been guilty of downing a couple on my ride home before

I know of TWO on this forum who have never had one too many!!!! In fact, one has never had one at all and the other has never had one and then driven!

I feel for the guy losing his job - sounds like management isn't playing fair (since when is that new?). However, you might be singing a different tune if he had run a red light - broadsided your family and killed one or more of them.

Drinking ANY alcohol and then getting behind the wheel is just plain stupid! JMHO

I don't mean to sound judgmental - I've made mistakes and certainly am not perfect. However, I try not to endanger anyone else's life by my mistakes.

I certainly do hope that the OP gets his job back and I hope that all turns out well for him and his family. I also hope that he has learned a lesson and will not drink and drive again.

Returntosender

Meet any hot guys while you were in there?
Go to Vegas Krave nightclub, well most of the clubs can be either gay night or straigt night. Have to walk in to find out?
muscle-shocked-photobomber1_zps5ec985ac.jpg

Last edited:

Terry D.

I know of TWO on this forum who have never had one too many!!!! In fact, one has never had one at all and the other has never had one and then driven! I feel for the guy losing his job - sounds like management isn't playing fair (since when is that new?). However, you might be singing a different tune if he had run a red light - broadsided your family and killed one or more of them. Drinking ANY alcohol and then getting behind the wheel is just plain stupid! JMHO I don't mean to sound judgmental - I've made mistakes and certainly am not perfect. However, I try not to endanger anyone else's life by my mistakes. I certainly do hope that the OP gets his job back and I hope that all turns out well for him and his family. I also hope that he has learned a lesson and will not drink and drive again.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm curious what your BAC was.

I might get bashed for this but let's be honest, .081 BAC is not much worse than driving while: extremely tired, or texting, or eating, or putting on makeup, or looking for something you dropped, or rubbernecking, or with heat exhaustion, or in a lot of cases just sucking at driving in general.

Bottom line is just lawyer up. Consider how much drivers are paid. If it means you keep your job its an investment that will show returns in about a month.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
Good luck , dont back down or give up if you want your job bad enough you will fight for it and I hope you learned a good lesson

we drive for a living and we can not do things like people who dit behind a desk , your money is driving so you have to do what you can to keep driving

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Damm sorry to hear that dude. It is super easy to get a dui nowadays with the bac being .08 and all. Their talking bout lowering it to .05 i believe. Now that is freakin ridiculous man. Im a be real with ya all most all my buddies have gotten at least 1 dui but me. Thank god right lol. I used to do it all the time but once i went full time honestly i aint got the kahunas to do it. Scared to death of it and dont even try it not in the least. I figured a dui aint worth losing my job,my house and my wife you guyz feel me? Im sceared straight i guess lol. Anyway, Terry i wish you nothing but good luck with this setback in your life compadre. We all make mistakes in life, its not about getting knocked down its about having the inner strength in yourself to get back up and keep pushing foward in the face of adversity. Life without challenges would be boring. Keep your head up dogg.

Re-Raise

I am not going to pile on about the D.U.I Terry , I am sure you have already had plenty of time to kick yourself for that mistake.

It seems to me that the key to getting your job back , is proving that management was informed about why you couldn't come to work and that you didn't just abandon your job.

If they are going to lie about it, which they might try to do, it may help your case if any of your co-workers heard management say anything about your absence. For example, if they told someone that you were still locked up and wouldn't be there.