Getting fired

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I hope everything works out for you !!

A few things I can not put my head around -

1) Bail is issued for how heinous a crime is or to make sure you show up for court and are not deemed a flight risk. You worked at UPS for at least 13 years, have an ill wife, and 2 kids. Sounds pretty established to me unless you lived at your current address less than 3 years, but even that shows you are rooted to the community. No one was killed so I can't see how bail would keep you in jail for 3 weeks.

2) Your financial house is a mess !!! 13 years driving and you have nothing to show for it. I have to pity you or the situations that crossed your path.

3) You continue to make this out as management vs you or BA vs you. You failed yourself by not taking any initiative to get out of that stinking jail cell. Regardless, getting out of jail and showing up to your center manager's office would lead you into a job suspension that would shut down your income. For the BA to be so for your resignation, there HAS to be something missing in this equation. Your passenger is either clinging to life in an ICU unit or you have not shown us the card that has scared your union management.

I pray that you get your job back, but hope you realize your life is more important than wearing brown shorts to work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
^^^Since the OP won't answer any hard questions, I am out of this one.

I just told my wife between all the posters on here we have thousands of years of experience. We have pretty much seen it all. We know when things don't add up.

Yet people keep coming on here with their sob stories. Only for us to find out on down the road we weren't gettin the WHOLE truth.

Johney

I hope everything works out for you !!

A few things I can not put my head around -

1) Bail is issued for how heinous a crime is or to make sure you show up for court and are not deemed a flight risk. You worked at UPS for at least 13 years, have an ill wife, and 2 kids. Sounds pretty established to me unless you lived at your current address less than 3 years, but even that shows you are rooted to the community. No one was killed so I can't see how bail would keep you in jail for 3 weeks.

2) Your financial house is a mess !!! 13 years driving and you have nothing to show for it. I have to pity you or the situations that crossed your path.

3) You continue to make this out as management vs you or BA vs you. You failed yourself by not taking any initiative to get out of that stinking jail cell. Regardless, getting out of jail and showing up to your center manager's office would lead you into a job suspension that would shut down your income. For the BA to be so for your resignation, there HAS to be something missing in this equation. Your passenger is either clinging to life in an ICU unit or you have not shown us the card that has scared your union management.

I pray that you get your job back, but hope you realize your life is more important than wearing brown shorts to work.
Didn't he explain why he got stuck in jail so long in post #16? Lawyer problems?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Didn't he explain why he got stuck in jail so long in post #16? Lawyer problems?

Yes, I read that

But you can get bailed out at anytime by a bondsman, you don't have to wait for a court date.

All i know is, that my family, significant other, or friends would not sleep until I got out of a holding cell. To have no money, belongings, friends, or family to get yourself out is painful to hear. Bondsmans will take anything in collateral that has value to cover bail, AND I MEAN ANYTHING.

I feel bad for the OP but right now, it's not UPS's fault or his BA's fault, the burden falls on his shoulders and his alone. The OP was lucky to even get that 1 week of vacation IMO. Either someone died, injured severely, or he was charged with something else during his DUI.

EDIT: I reread his posts and he says his passenger had bruised ribs. I still believe after working 13 years at top rate as a driver, you should have something you could have used as collateral for bail (house,car,boat,motorcycle,401k)

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can't speak for CA but last year in NY, a good friend of mine (with no criminal record) drove drunk, got into an accident, other driver had minor injuries....he blew a .22, charged with DWI and was ROR'd the next day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've spent a night in jail before. My wife would have been giving up her engagement ring for bail collateral if that's what it took for me not to spend a 2nd night there. No fun.

Concrete bed wool blanket. No thank u. Maybe prison in Cali is like a vacation compared to ups. I don't know.

Returntosender

I've spent a night in jail before. My wife would have been giving up her engagement ring for bail collateral if that's what it took for me not to spend a 2nd night there. No fun.

Concrete bed wool blanket. No thank u. Maybe prison in Cali is like a vacation compared to ups. I don't know.
LA county 3600 module "LA craziest gang members housed there, will make UPS look like vacation. Ups sups in there for DUI/any violation look out ex ups employee going come a knocking. Oakland prison is also crazy.