Getting out of hand.

542thruNthru

So no PVD after Jan 1 there I guess?

I didn’t realize anyone actually addressed the PVD issue in their contract lol
No one did actually but PVDs are FT seasonal workers. Our contract says they can be used from Oct 1st to Dec 31st.
sketch-1609913850107.jpg

We definitely need PVD language in the contract. I think the only reason it's not in this one is because the union is still fighting it. Though I could be wrong.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Kept a large coffee cup in the Brownie filled then poured on a grass area or drain on street , my preloader got so tired of finding them in the car next to me , one day he opened it and poured on drivers seat and then left the empty bottle on his dash ,,ended that problem

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I find a few every Monday in my truck from whoever uses it on Saturday. I got to the managements office and make them take it out.
No need for that. Demand that the center manager fix the problem. Very quickly they can find out who is using any particular truck on any given day. Call the town board if health if you have to. One thing UPS hates doing is answering to outside concerns.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How ya gonna prove who did it?
I would be defending not proving but if management really didn’t want this behavior to continue and if it was a high priority of Local Union officials, I do believe it would have been dealt with long ago.

The behavior has been going of for many years.

Simple truth, anyone with an ounce of dignity and respect for themselves would regularly use a
public restroom while on route, even if it costs the company money.

If the company has a problem with this they should buy trucker urinal kits and supply one personally to each driver. They are available for purchase.

I do recognize that in an extreme emergency a pee bottle maybe needed to avoid peeing one’s self.
In these rare instances, and they should be rare, the driver should take the per bottle with them when they return to the center, empty it in a urinal or commode at the center, rinse the bottle out and dispose of the bottle in the correct recycling container.

Over70irregs

No one did actually but PVDs are FT seasonal workers. Our contract says they can be used from Oct 1st to Dec 31st.
View attachment 323652

We definitely need PVD language in the contract. I think the only reason it's not in this one is because the union is still fighting it. Though I could be wrong.
I believe they are trying to discourage quick scabs for negotiation reasons. Pandemic forced their hand.

Integrity

Binge Poster
OK, beside the given unsanitary conditions....what would you "charge" them with? Serious question.

A serious question: What is the solution? This is an ongoing problem.
I wouldn’t be charging them, I would be defending them.

If I were to want to charge them I would start with violation of Haz Comm training.

What is the problem? Can’t offer a real solution if the real problem is not identified.

tourists24

I wouldn’t be charging them, I would be defending them.

If I were to want to charge them I would start with violation of Haz Comm training.

What is the problem? Can’t offer a real solution if the real problem is not identified.
Ok,,,, will rephrase the question. How would the company prove who peed in a bottle? I'm not disputing your opinion on the rest. You can't see a bottle on a package car(and especially ones not on the car) and simply assume it's one particular driver. Management can't run day to day issues as it is. You better have some real proof the person matches the crime

vvv

I know one driver who pulled over when he found one. He then messaged the center and said he found a hazmat. Supervisor had to come get it.

I do EXACTLY the same. If I get the wrong truck and that nonsense is on there from some other pig then a member of management is driving out to there route and I sit idle til removed.
Then after that I go about disinfecting the truck more so than I normally do for quite some time.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ok,,,, will rephrase the question. How would the company prove who peed in a bottle? I'm not disputing your opinion on the rest. You can't see a bottle on a package car(and especially ones not on the car) and simply assume it's one particular driver. Management can't run day to day issues as it is. You better have some real proof the person matches the crime
Can’t disagree with you on this. Nice post.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Demand that the center manager fix the problem. Very quickly they can find out who is using any particular truck on any given day.

No need for that.

Talk with your Steward or call your BA.

If you go to the company, your fellow Teamster might suffer discipline.

And, you will be forever be known as a RAT.

and if it was a high priority of Local Union officials

UPS is expected (and assumed) to conduct their business professionally.

When they don't.... there is the grievance procedure.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I do EXACTLY the same. If I get the wrong truck and that nonsense is on there from some other pig then a member of management is driving out to there route and I sit idle til removed.
Then after that I go about disinfecting the truck more so than I normally do for quite some time.
Seems like a decent plan.

Does management give you a hard time?