Getting rid of the competition as a contract proposal

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
Still new to the shift?? More boxes equals more routes and Teamsters to do the work. We should be wanting an extra trailer per day per building from our competitors. Your a Teamster and you want a strong profitable company to work for. Don’t throw boxes and you won’t damage them. Follow the methods and you’ll be fine. Collect a check and enjoy the job.
That was all me beating the bush, I know that stuff. Lol

Brownwind

That was all me beating the bush, I know that stuff. Lol
Appreciate your comments. Thought provoking based on the responses.

I took it a little personal since 80 percent of my route is Amazon. I just tape it up and deliver it. If it’s a mattress or dog food box I just stick the label on the bag and continue on.

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
Appreciate your comments. Thought provoking based on the responses.

I took it a little personal since 80 percent of my route is Amazon. I just tape it up and deliver it. If it’s a mattress or dog food box I just stick the label on the bag and continue on.
Yeah it's not all that bad, but we all can agree that their packages kind of suck as far as tape and strength goes.

First of all i think the damages are a good point, Amazon does a terrible job packing their crap.

That said.... Amazon stopped delivering to areas that 4ish bid routes cover in my building, my route is included in that. Amazon has been splitting this volume between us and USPS. Thanks to this added volume we have been getting around 3 routes added in on T-friend in these areas to help with the increased volume. That is 3 more ups drivers pretty consistently getting work. I mean.... i see that as a good thing.

Now surepost i never understood and wish we would stop. We are handing away work that we could be delivering. I sometimes look at the packages and see things in town i will be driving right by. If they are addressed to areas we will not be close to, since its a lower cost service, i don't see why we couldn't hold the package a day or two until there are other deliveries close. Its already getting a 1 day delay from when we drop it off to the post office until it gets delivered.
They already hold those packages

I have seen managers just stand there and watch while the unload throws boxes onto the belt. Can't slowdown production. Damages are someone else problem.

Those managers probably understand that the unloaders would tell them to eat :censored2: because the problem isn't unload, it's load. If those stacks aren't tight, they shift and you get damage as things bounce.

At this point, I kinda miss trailers that have recognizable stacks, period.

My record is three whole rolls of tape on a Chicago trailer. I refuse to apologize for anything I do in a Chicago trailer either, some of which is disgusting, but completely justified. It's possible to make Chicago trailers more dangerous to unload than they already are, but I would have to try very, very hard, and would include, among other things, always putting over 75 irregs and hazmats at the very top of the jumble of hurled boxes as opposed to only some of the time, and increasing the rate leakers are put in totes and loaded into the trailer while still leaking.

Back peddling out of the way of a stack that is collapsing on me is a daily occurrence for me.

Pullman Brown

Primarily Amazon, there is not a solid enough reason as to why we are delivering packages for our competitors

That seems like a straightforward statement to make, but cutting Amazon will do UPS more good than harm for a few notable reasons:

1. Less overall volume and stops to make, that means less unwanted OT (sorry 22.4 you're not good enough).

2. Less money spent for damage claims, Amazon boxes break very easily and the paper tape itself is a joke and this is how Amazon can exploit UPS.

3. Improved Preload, less volume means Preloaders will have less packages which means less egress issues, and more room in the trucks to work, a win for both loaders and drivers.

These are just a few benefits from cutting ourselves away from the competition, I would even say getting rid of Surepost would be something to consider also.

1BD3369A-5BDF-460F-A367-C465ED3DD018.gif

FozziesDeliveries

This is for sure a morons take.

You’re probably on a heavy Amazon route and think if we drop Amazon your day will get easier some how.
Was this for me? I am pro the amazon volume because it is giving more drivers more work. Thats why i think it would be nice if we did the surepost ourselves all the time too. More of our work for more of our drivers.
I remember my route before the covid volume, way more miles. Not easier or harder just different.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Those managers probably understand that the unloaders would tell them to eat :censored2: because the problem isn't unload, it's load. If those stacks aren't tight, they shift and you get damage as things bounce.

At this point, I kinda miss trailers that have recognizable stacks, period.

My record is three whole rolls of tape on a Chicago trailer. I refuse to apologize for anything I do in a Chicago trailer either, some of which is disgusting, but completely justified. It's possible to make Chicago trailers more dangerous to unload than they already are, but I would have to try very, very hard, and would include, among other things, always putting over 75 irregs and hazmats at the very top of the jumble of hurled boxes as opposed to only some of the time, and increasing the rate leakers are put in totes and loaded into the trailer while still leaking.

Back peddling out of the way of a stack that is collapsing on me is a daily occurrence for me.
You're welcome