Getting rid of the competition as a contract proposal

Johney

Don't kid yourself people UPS does not do ANYTHING for free(maybe 30+ years ago when they would line flight a NDA that missed service. I know I've gone to the airport and picked up a letter from Delta).They are making something from Amazon I don't care what anyone has been told. There's no :censored2:ing way this company does anything without making money.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Don't kid yourself people UPS does not do ANYTHING for free(maybe 30+ years ago when they would line flight a NDA that missed service. I know I've gone to the airport and picked up a letter from Delta).They are making something from Amazon I don't care what anyone has been told. There's no :censored2:ing way this company does anything without making money.

Did anyone suggest we weren't making anything on Amazon?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I stand corrected. I believe someone mentioned razor thin margins. I'm sure it's far more than that.

Razor thin may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it isn't exactly a precise measure. I doubt we make much off any high volume shipper, per package, and I'm sure we make more off some than others.
How much do you pay for shipping when you buy from Amazon?

Returntosender

CC3F2774-DCDA-4AF3-BE94-C607DFC61F74.gif

Next Day Error

X - Other
Uh huh. I don't need to know the exact amount per package to know we don't make a lot of profit per package. How could I know we aren't charging more, more than what already? I see the evidence around me, hear what other people are saying, and apply my knowledge of the business world to form an educated guess. So, are you trying to make this about me and what you think I know or don't? Or do you have something to add the conversation? Do you know how much we profit off amazon? I'd be interested to know.
You DON’T KNOW what the pricing is. Thanks for playing.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You DON’T KNOW what the pricing is. Thanks for playing.

That's probably why I said these things:

Loading down our system with low profit packages increases pressure on the company to get more done faster with fewer people. There is an optimum level of Amazon we should take for the price we charge, and my guess is we are taking way over that optimum.

Following the law of diminishing returns, if we don't scale back their volume or increase their rates, the company won't have the workforce to deal with the volume, because everyone will be injured, quit, or massively slow down their performance, eating in to profit. We already know the company doesn't like to invest in maintaining equipment, even at current profit levels, if profits drop due to staffing issues, equipment will start failing, and there won't be much of a company left.

If we did all the surepost, we would probably lose money on it. I'm guessing we're right on the edge with Amazon.

Did I ever claim to know the pricing? I'm sorry this, like climate science, is all so over your head. Now that we agree that I never claimed to know the pricing, I hope you are caught up and can participate in the actual conversation and stop trying to make it about me and some bizarre grudge you seem to be holding.

Johney

Razor thin may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it isn't exactly a precise measure. I doubt we make much off any high volume shipper, per package, and I'm sure we make more off some than others.
How much do you pay for shipping when you buy from Amazon?
I pay no shipping but I pretty much don’t pay shipping on 95% of what I or my wife buys online. Your point?
I remember a dispatcher saying that
I heard it from old school sales rep.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I pay no shipping but I pretty much don’t pay shipping on 95% of what I or my wife buys online. Your point?

Where does the money come from for Amazon to pay us enough so that we can make a healthy profit if you don't pay for shipping? And, yes, this applies to other online retailers, but that only emphasizes the point.

I heard it from old school sales rep.
What did you hear? That we make a healthy profit per package from amazon, or that we don't?

You pay the shipping in an inflated price. I noticed it on some items

Getting stuff cheaper due to volume, and padding the price, and then, finally, the prime membership fee, are all how Amazon can get away with "not charging" for shipping. They still have to be competitive on overall price with brick and mortar stores, which means they have to get their shipping as cheap as possible.

Where does the money come from for Amazon to pay us enough so that we can make a healthy profit if you don't pay for shipping? And, yes, this applies to other online retailers, but that only emphasizes the point.

What did you hear? That we make a healthy profit per package from amazon, or that we don't?

Getting stuff cheaper due to volume, and padding the price, and then, finally, the prime membership fee, are all how Amazon can get away with "not charging" for shipping. They still have to be competitive on overall price with brick and mortar stores, which means they have to get their shipping as cheap as possible.
Amazon prime isn't free