Getting Screwed On Mileage Rates!

deeznutz

In my center we have 2 mileage destinations we run every day. Im in my 11th month as Feeder Cover Driver. And i have 3 months progression in pkg as well. My Manager pays me 39 cents per mile and refers me to Article 43 Sec 11 pg163 in the contract. I looked up 2002 mileage rates, the math is right but this is wrong in my opinion. But its under sleeper team and we dont even have those! im just on qualified cover list. Any thoughts on what I should get payed?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well from what everyone on here is saying there will be some coyotes pulling those loads from now on...and how the hell did you get on a sleeper run in under a year???

barnyard

KTM rider
and how the hell did you get on a sleeper run in under a year???

He did not say he is on a sleeper run, just getting mileage pay, per the sleeper pay chart.

Find a stewart or a very high seniority feeder driver that you work with and ask that person.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
people who have run the mileage jobs like them a lot. I believe they do make a little more money than hourly. You only make money when the wheels are rolling, or have certain delays.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
people who have run the mileage jobs like them a lot. I believe they do make a little more money than hourly. You only make money when the wheels are rolling, or have certain delays.

Been on a mileage job here.

On the clock for about 10 hours. Slightly less than 600 miles.

Grosses $2300/wk. That is about equivalent to 12 hrs/day hourly.

You don't get paid for traffic slow downs due to accidents or construction, unless stopped for more than 15 minutes. But that is rare.

Work 50 hours per week and get paid for 60.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Been on a mileage job here.

On the clock for about 10 hours. Slightly less than 600 miles.

Grosses $2300/wk. That is about equivalent to 12 hrs/day hourly.

You don't get paid for traffic slow downs due to accidents or construction, unless stopped for more than 15 minutes. But that is rare.

Work 50 hours per week and get paid for 60.
Does ups want these runs as mileage seems that they would save if you guys got paid hourly.. Help me understand.. Lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The company seems to like the mileage jobs. The only jobs that make sense to be mileage are the longer runs. (4-600 miles/day) Too many stops and goes on local jobs. The company tried to convert some hourly jobs to mileage, but the union said any new mileage jobs needed to be new jobs.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Does ups want these runs as mileage seems that they would save if you guys got paid hourly.. Help me understand.. Lol

Yes. It is UPS that wants them mileage.

Maybe because they don't want drivers dicking around on these jobs. Get there and get back.

To be honest, that job I mentioned would be at least an 11 hour job if hourly.

I don't seem to go near as fast when I am hourly.

Me and a buddy had past 2 trucks recently and the one guy asked the other if he knew why some Buster Browns went so fast and some others went so slow.

His buddy nailed it.

He said the fast ones are paid by the mile and the slow ones are paid by the hour.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yes. It is UPS that wants them mileage.

Maybe because they don't want drivers dicking around on these jobs. Get there and get back.

To be honest, that job I mentioned would be at least an 11 hour job if hourly.

I don't seem to go near as fast when I am hourly.

Me and a buddy had past 2 trucks recently and the one guy asked the other if he knew why some Buster Browns went so fast and some others went so slow.

His buddy nailed it.

He said the fast ones are paid by the mile and the slow ones are paid by the hour.
Sounds like bonus in packages.

wo88upsman

After one year of progression like you have you should be getting 80% of top mileage rate which between 79 and 81 cents depending on what you pull.

deeznutz

Well from what everyone on here is saying there will be some coyotes pulling those loads from now on...and how the hell did you get on a sleeper run in under a year???
Been at my hub 3.5 years. Coverdrivers 2 seasons in pkg and went full time feeder cover in Nov 2014. Not a sleeper run. 507 mile mileage run.