Getting Screwed On Mileage Rates!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Which adds substance to the "where have you been" question from hub managers

Not necessarily.

On an hourly job, I will keep it to the speed limit, or just slighly under by a mile an hour or so.

On a mileage job, I am usually 5 over the speed limit.

On a 10 hour drive time mileage job, that shaves off almost an hour.

A few other tricks can save almost another half hour.

That is close to an hour and a half difference.

So a ten and a half hour mileage job would be around a 12 hour hourly job in my case.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not necessarily.

On an hourly job, I will keep it to the speed limit, or just slighly under by a mile an hour or so.

So a ten and a half hour mileage job would be around a 12 hour hourly job in my case.

Again......why?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The company seems to like the mileage jobs. The only jobs that make sense to be mileage are the longer runs. (4-600 miles/day) Too many stops and goes on local jobs. The company tried to convert some hourly jobs to mileage, but the union said any new mileage jobs needed to be new jobs.

In order for a run, to be "qualified" as a mileage run....

The minimum is 560 miles. We have several.

-Bug-

deeznutz

Contract page 163 I think but close if not exact page.
Article 43 Section 2 pg 163
Under sleeper team operations. .. it says...
Mileage rate in effect on August 1, 2002
Start. 70%
Senority +1 year 80%
+2 yrs 90%
+3 yrs. Top rate

2002 top rate was like 55 cents so they are paying me 39 cents a mile. 2002??????
That's 13 freakin years ago! And I'm not a sleeper driver I'm a regular coverdriver, man. Help a brother out here. Is it possibly in section 3? Titled" Mileage Rates" pg 164? If so how can my local let them do this?

deeznutz

Start. 70%
Senority +1 year 80%
+2 yrs 90%
+3 yrs. Top rate

2002 top rate was like 55 cents so they are paying me 39 cents a mile. 2002??????
That's 13 freakin years ago! And I'm not a sleeper driver I'm a regular coverdriver, man. Help a brother out here. Is it possibly in section 3? Titled" Mileage Rates" pg 164? If so how can my local let them do this?
My manager told me he's basing it at 70% of top rate in 2002 like it says on pg 163

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not necessarily.

Do the same in package and you are a runner gunner.

teddy42

Start. 70%
Senority +1 year 80%
+2 yrs 90%
+3 yrs. Top rate

Start. 70%
Senority +1 year 80%
+2 yrs 90%
+3 yrs. Top rate

The only good thing about the mileage progression is that it's only 3 years to hit top rate as opposed to the 4 year progression for an hourly job. I'm sure the company will try to wiggle their way out of paying us top mileage rate after 3 years though. In my hub, it would be very rare for someone in progression to catch a mileage job, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

rkctkc

I am only in my second year of progression and I get top rate for mileage as well as top rate for mileage delay. I really should be at $19.50 an hour but I was a tcd before full time so I got to keep the tcd pay.

Attachments

• 1446739777742.jpg
    1446739777742.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 184