Getting Screwed On Mileage Rates!

deeznutz

I am only in my second year of progression and I get top rate for mileage as well as top rate for mileage delay. I really should be at $19.50 an hour but I was a tcd before full time so I got to keep the tcd pay.
I was getting top rate mileage and delay from the very start. Then I filed a greivance. They got my BA to pull it back or they were gonna take back overpaid mileage $. Now they pay me .39 per mile. I have to get that fixed but mngmt acts like the contract says pay from 2002 is progression.

deeznutz

The only good thing about the mileage progression is that it's only 3 years to hit top rate as opposed to the 4 year progression for an hourly job. I'm sure the company will try to wiggle their way out of paying us top mileage rate after 3 years though. In my hub, it would be very rare for someone in progression to catch a mileage job, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.
It's an issue after one run because at .39 per mile you're short 86.00 a 507 mile run. It should be 70% of today's top rate. Not 70% top rate 2002.

deeznutz

Not necessarily.

On an hourly job, I will keep it to the speed limit, or just slighly under by a mile an hour or so.

On a mileage job, I am usually 5 over the speed limit.

On a 10 hour drive time mileage job, that shaves off almost an hour.

A few other tricks can save almost another half hour.

That is close to an hour and a half difference.

So a ten and a half hour mileage job would be around a 12 hour hourly job in my case.
Posted speed limits are for sports cars, not rigs.

deeznutz

Yes. It is UPS that wants them mileage.

Maybe because they don't want drivers dicking around on these jobs. Get there and get back.

To be honest, that job I mentioned would be at least an 11 hour job if hourly.

I don't seem to go near as fast when I am hourly.

Me and a buddy had past 2 trucks recently and the one guy asked the other if he knew why some Buster Browns went so fast and some others went so slow.

His buddy nailed it.

He said the fast ones are paid by the mile and the slow ones are paid by the hour.
Makes perfect sense.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yeah they try to give us ungoverned rentals for mileage. All brown tractors are 68 mph

Maybe yours, but not all.

If the speed limit is 70 mph, OH, KY, WV etc, I expect my mileage run to have a tractor capable of at least doing the speed limit.

Last time I did a mileage job, tractor was set for 72.

MoarTape

NewPA - LawNJ is about 590. That's our longest. They have runs that are nearly 700 miles in the Midwest. Those are the big money runs.

govols019

You smell that?
Which adds substance to the "where have you been" question from hub managers

The tractor I normally drive on an hourly run is governed at 68MPH...Every mileage run tractor that I know of is governed at a minimum of 73MPH.

You should only comment on things you have knowledge about.