Glad I'm out of this Part2

FedGT

I'm sure none of us or FedEx will miss ya. Even if there was a chance what you are saying would happen (it won't)that gives people like me the opportunity to buy "pennies on the dollar" so now a route that pays me my money back in two year, pays me back in 3-6 months..........sounds terrible.

bacha29

It's called greed pal. But you could just as easily end up on the losing side of this equation. In addition you are only as successful as your ability to find some guy willing to work for you for next to nothing. That is in no way assured just as it is in no way assured that X will not restructure operations in a way that does not harm you . Important given that X plainly states that it reserves the right to amend the agreement at any time for any reason and in any manner and does not consider any term or condition binding upon itself and you have no recourse under the law except arbitration and they choose who sits on the panel. Good luck prevailing there. As I said before, those who brag the loudest about their tolerence for risk are the ones who cry the loudest when risk becomes reality.

bacha29

It's called greed pal. But you could just as easily end up on the losing side of this equation. In addition you are only as successful as your ability to find some guy willing to work for you for next to nothing. That is in no way assured just as it is in no way assured that X will not restructure operations in a way that does not harm you . Important given that X plainly states that it reserves the right to amend the agreement at any time for any reason and in any manner and does not consider any term or condition binding upon itself and you have no recourse under the law except arbitration and they choose who sits on the panel. Good luck prevailing there. As I said before, those who brag the loudest about their tolerence for risk are the ones who cry the loudest when risk becomes reality.

FedGT

How is that greed?
If there is no market as you say whoever the buyer ends up being is the essence of greed not the variable of demand?
I believe that is the purest sense of economics based off what you said, has nothing to do with greed and everything to do with fair trade and supply/demand. If someone wants to sell for nothing why would an individual not take the opportunity?
The "greedy people" or capitalists won't let these fall because they make too much money. Just like everything else there could be some small peaks and valleys but if you plan ahead you will come out ahead.

bacha29

What this company did with ISP was to fall back and establish a new firewall that it believes will fend off a new wave of class action lawsuits in essence seperate the years 2010 to the present from it's actions during the prior years. In doing so there will be a significant number of SWA's who simply because there will not be enough additional routes to go around will be put by X into a distressed market created by X and forced to sell at distressed prices created by X rather than at open market prices. Another example of the complete command and control of so called "independent contractors". Even the terms by which a contractor leaves the arena is controlled right up to the very end by the actions of X. As for planning ahead, impossible when events are controlled by someone else . In that vein with the stock down 20% in 2 months in preparation for the onset of another regional if not global recession and with 3/4 th's of X profits coming from G you need to plan for even more austerity and demands for even greater uncompensated value because dreamers like you will always give it to them. One because you have no say in the matter and two the unrealistic belief on the part of people like you that you will be rewarded for it in the future.

bbsam

Staff member
What this company did with ISP was to fall back and establish a new firewall that it believes will fend off a new wave of class action lawsuits in essence seperate the years 2010 to the present from it's actions during the prior years. In doing so there will be a significant number of SWA's who simply because there will not be enough additional routes to go around will be put by X into a distressed market created by X and forced to sell at distressed prices created by X rather than at open market prices. Another example of the complete command and control of so called "independent contractors". Even the terms by which a contractor leaves the arena is controlled right up to the very end by the actions of X. As for planning ahead, impossible when events are controlled by someone else . In that vein with the stock down 20% in 2 months in preparation for the onset of another regional if not global recession and with 3/4 th's of X profits coming from G you need to plan for even more austerity and demands for even greater uncompensated value because dreamers like you will always give it to them. One because you have no say in the matter and two the unrealistic belief on the part of people like you that you will be rewarded for it in the future.
Are you sure you are "glad you're out of this", because you sound more jealous than jaded.

bacha29

I am in no way jealous of a person whose fate is entirely in someone elses hands especially when that person has tens of thousands of dollars at stake most of it borrowed money while foolishly believing that the other party the one that controls the individuals fate will always take the measures necessary in order to protect that totally insecured investment. Right on STFG. All you had to do was to look at the forward looking quidance section found in the back pages of the 2008 annual report .It left no doubt as to what was in the works.

STFXG

I am in no way jealous of a person whose fate is entirely in someone elses hands especially when that person has tens of thousands of dollars at stake most of it borrowed money while foolishly believing that the other party the one that controls the individuals fate will always take the measures necessary in order to protect that totally insecured investment. Right on STFG. All you had to do was to look at the forward looking quidance section found in the back pages of the 2008 annual report .It left no doubt as to what was in the works.
Or just followed the Estrada case and what happened in California in 2007. You know, when they required multiple work areas?

OUMick

Any person who borrows money to purchase a business is the same boat. I can't understand this line of thinking.

bacha29

But is it really a "business"? X has complete control if not in all areas than in those areas that matter most including business model development. That'stheir exclusive domain. They then had it down to the so called contractor telling him . " Here it is effect it and if you can't we''ll get someone who thinks he can and we don't care if you have to throw a resevoir full borrowed money at in order to do it. Oh by the way we can change this model any time , anywhere and in any fashion we so choose and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. And you call this running you own business.? Independent contractor? The only independence you have is to decide independently when you want to quit. And you only have that option occasionaly.

vantexan

But in a recession don't shippers look for the best price available? Express gets hurt much more in a recession than Ground does.

Bounty

Any person who borrows money to purchase a business is the same boat. I can't understand this line of thinking.
He states this because even when we were signing contracts for a measly 1 year term, x would change the contract during the year. It is so lopsided it would blow your mind. Again stay away from this scam, invest elsewhere. Like bacha said these guys buying routes now will sign anything x puts in front of them (except bbsam won't put a patch on his shirt)because they are in debt over their heads.

FedGT

He states this because even when we were signing contracts for a measly 1 year term, x would change the contract during the year. It is so lopsided it would blow your mind. Again stay away from this scam, invest elsewhere. Like bacha said these guys buying routes now will sign anything x puts in front of them (except bbsam won't put a patch on his shirt)because they are in debt over their heads.

Or be smart enough to buy up the minimum routes that you know the model is transitioning too. As you have watched the last decade

OUMick

But is it really a "business"? X has complete control if not in all areas than in those areas that matter most including business model development. That'stheir exclusive domain. They then had it down to the so called contractor telling him . " Here it is effect it and if you can't we''ll get someone who thinks he can and we don't care if you have to throw a resevoir full borrowed money at in order to do it. Oh by the way we can change this model any time , anywhere and in any fashion we so choose and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. And you call this running you own business.? Independent contractor? The only independence you have is to decide independently when you want to quit. And you only have that option occasionaly.

One of my businesses basically has 2 major customers. We have contracts but they can be terminated quite easily. I know quite a few people in the same boat.

I have a friend that was "distributor"/installer for a national company. They decided they wanted to do it themselves so they started delaying delivery and requiring payment up front. He was in a few hundred grand and waiting a couple of months for what used to take a week. Needless to say he sold for pennies on the dollar to the company. This crap is in all businesses.

Bounty

One of my businesses basically has 2 major customers. We have contracts but they can be terminated quite easily. I know quite a few people in the same boat.

I have a friend that was "distributor"/installer for a national company. They decided they wanted to do it themselves so they started delaying delivery and requiring payment up front. He was in a few hundred grand and waiting a couple of months for what used to take a week. Needless to say he sold for pennies on the dollar to the company. This crap is in all businesses.
Of course there is risk in business, my advice to you is invest elsewhere. Independent contract laws to risky now. Even more so with x trying to control everything while trying to make it appear they are not.

Bounty

Or be smart enough to buy up the minimum routes that you know the model is transitioning too. As you have watched the last decade
That's the newest transition definitely not the last. Just hope you are on the right side of the next "transition".