Global warming

newfie

That is not a compelling article. It just says, "this one guy thinks this one report is inaccurate." No explanation or anything to back it up.
upload_2017-2-8_21-56-45.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There's also this
Wikipedia bans Daily Mail because it's an 'unreliable source'

Wikipedia has determined the daily mail to be an unreliable source. So the entire article should be taken with a grain of salt. There might be some truth to it, but this presentation is likely skewed at best, totally fabricated at worst.
Your story says both The Daily Mail and the Daily Mail online are unreliable sources .
Does the writer know that those are two different companies located in two different countries ?

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought it was the Chinese making up climate change?
If scientists are all liberal it's probably because they are educated. The more education one has the more likely they have a liberal worldview.
American republicans are literally the only group on the planet that denies climate change. Stand strong in your uneducated easily demonstrably false conviction that the world is not warming.

Back in the 60's the government tried to convince us it was the Russians who were manipulating the weather.

newfie

The only real and reliable source for accurate new is Breitbart. Fox is too fair and balanced to be credible.

one reason you liberals lost is because you make serious miss assessments about the opposing point of view. one of our favorite is the fox line.
you guys lost the presidency and both sides of congress in 8 years, you will lose the supreme court and over 100 judgeships.
republicans have approximately 35 governorships and most state legislatures.
did I mention over 1000 counties went our way?

please do me a favor keep believing the fox news line your master is feeding you and keep believing that Pelosi and schumer will fix your party.
I feel like we are playing tackle football against a flag football team. Its so unfair the way we kick your rears but dang its fun.

P

pickup

one reason you liberals lost is because you make serious miss assessments about the opposing point of view. one of our favorite is the fox line.
you guys lost the presidency and both sides of congress in 8 years, you will lose the supreme court and over 100 judgeships.
republicans have approximately 35 governorships and most state legislatures.
did I mention over 1000 counties went our way?

please do me a favor keep believing the fox news line your master is feeding you and keep believing that Pelosi and schumer will fix your party.
I feel like we are playing tackle football against a flag football team. Its so unfair the way we kick your rears but dang its fun.

Speaking of Schumer, tomorrow is Sunday and that means a Press Conference from him. This is long standing tradition with him. On a slow news day , he is guaranteed more airtime in the media and I wonder what he will talk about, could be trivial , could be HUUGE.

wkmac

Speaking of Schumer, tomorrow is Sunday and that means a Press Conference from him. This is long standing tradition with him. On a slow news day , he is guaranteed more airtime in the media and I wonder what he will talk about, could be trivial , could be HUUGE.

Schumer is as fake as a novelty store $3 bill. And this is nothing new. His criticism of Trump and/or the GOP is of the highest hypocrisy but then Schumer and the democrats have been playing both sides of the street for so long they really do look like good, loyal republicans. When the protestors went after Trump at Trump Towers, what the media (except the so-called "Fake Media") failed to report was who else these protestors also went after.

wkmac

Looks to me like the blade pitch mechanism failed which allowed for more blade speed with excessive RPM ripping the unit apart. Notice the blade speeds on the generators in the background as comparison.

Blade pitch allows for blade to turn and take on more air which allows more power generation at low wind speeds but also you can change the pitch to slow, even stop the blade in high winds, thus avoiding the kind of catastrophic failure in the video.

Never been a fan (no pun intended) of such large scale units as I'd rather see much smaller units in service at the point where power is used. Such localized power generation however tends to knock the big power generator/power distributor companies out as the middle men because you don't need their transmission lines to get the electricity to you. Thus no 3rd party rent to pay. You also don't need excess power generated to push the power over long distances from generator to point of use.

And coal fired plants can be as dangerous if not more so as a Ohio coal fired power plant had an explosion last month injuring 6 people. Other than local news, little was said elsewhere. Hmmmm!

6 people injured in explosion at coal-fired power station