Global warming

oldngray

nowhere special
My preppy look fooled all the girls' parents.
izod3.jpg

P

pickup

btw this is from timothy snyder, yale professor who famously wrote a book "on tyranny"

"If there is no truth, there are no facts; if there are no facts, there is no rule of law; and if there is no rule of law, you can’t maintain a liberal democracy."

you should check him out for more. when america collapses, which it will, it should be fairly ugly considering your history of violence.

If it does get ugly, we'll make sure it spills over to Canada.

It will be fine

Has anyone seen a coherent argument for leaving the Paris accord? I haven't heard one. I listened to a rebuplican senator, Lee I think, trying to support it. He didn't make a whole lot of sense. He basically said we don't need an agreement because we are better at reducing emissions than anyone else already. If we're so good at it why make us look like the uneducated dunce in the corner of the classroom?

rickyb

Nader seldom uses facts. And when he does he usually interprets them incorrectly.

He became famous for his hit piece on Corvairs which upon closer examination was full of errors. He has not improved with age.
even if his piece on the covair was wrong, which im guessing it wasnt, doesnt mean the other stuff he says or does is wrong too

newfie

Has anyone seen a coherent argument for leaving the Paris accord? I haven't heard one. I listened to a rebuplican senator, Lee I think, trying to support it. He didn't make a whole lot of sense. He basically said we don't need an agreement because we are better at reducing emissions than anyone else already. If we're so good at it why make us look like the uneducated dunce in the corner of the classroom?

yep
6 million jobs
china and india not required to do anything
us to pay the countries doing all the polluting billions of dollars.

It will be fine

yep
6 million jobs
china and india not required to do anything
us to pay the countries doing all the polluting billions of dollars.
New energy job growth will be in clean energy and renewables. Solar already employs more people than coal and will continue to do so.
No one is "required" to do anything, the entire agreement is non-binding. It was written so the US could set our own goals.
There is nothing that pays other countries billions of dollars.

Again, is there a coherent argument for leaving?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

New energy job growth will be in clean energy and renewables. Solar already employs more people than coal and will continue to do so.
No one is "required" to do anything, the entire agreement is non-binding. It was written so the US could set our own goals.
There is nothing that pays other countries billions of dollars.

Again, is there a coherent argument for leaving?

Cuomo pledged $1.5B of new funding for renewables and maintains that NY will generate at least 50% of our energy from renewables by 2030.

My light bill last month was $18.45 for electricity generated primarily by Canadian water.