Global warming

It will be fine

whuut ? tax breaks for solar and electric cars. what the frick are you dribbling about now
The entire oil industry is heavily subsidized by the taxpayer. Absent those subsidies gasoline would cost more. The market for electric vehicles would be larger with higher gasoline prices. Where are you getting lost?

newfie

The entire oil industry is heavily subsidized by the taxpayer. Absent those subsidies gasoline would cost more. The market for electric vehicles would be larger with higher gasoline prices. Where are you getting lost?

I guess I don't understand why you start drinking so early in the morning.

i'm paying approximately 50 cents a gallon in taxes on every gallon of gas I buy. eliminate the subsidies and and taxes and lets have this talk again.

by the way you completely dodged the tax breaks for solar and electric cars. was that intentional?

vantexan

Last I read about 18 states have put a registration surcharge on hybrids and electric cars to offset the taxes they'd lose from lower gas sales. And California was considering a mileage tax.

It will be fine

You also know what was going on in 1916 and why oil my be a national security concern?
They were propping up a staring industry back then, when companies like Exxon can turn $10 billion in profit in a quarter they don’t need the help. If we eliminate much of the domestic demand for gasoline we produce plenty of petroleum for our own uses and wouldn’t need to worry about the Middle East.

oldngray

nowhere special
well_its_hard_05.jpg

rickyb

Sweden is known for being a minimal-waste country. What percentage of Sweden's garbage ends up in the landfill?

The correct answer is: 1%! Sweden has even purchased waste from other countries to turn into energy. Way to go, Sweden!

from theweathernetwork.com

rickyb

in 30 years there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish.

this is an efficient system and totally sustainable

capitalism works.:

rickyb

these capitalists are doing planned obsolescence to get us to buy more products. quality is down, parts are harder to come by. a few companies make all the brands, so theres only the illusion of competition.

terribly inefficient, polluting system.

Last edited: