Gloom and Doom

Jody43

That’s hilarious. Most cops are some of the laziest SOB’s around. Public servants working municipal jobs act like you’ve asked them for their life anytime you encounter them? Anyone ever go down to there local tax office or municipal complex and get that look from the lady behind the counter when you interrupt her online solitaire game?
Totally agree and I’m guilty of it too. But I alwyas did my job when the radio went off and I alwyas ran into harms way never away from it; for that I’m proud.

Jody43

Oh yea. Not the most dangerous job but being attacked is still scary dude.
I worked the road for my entire time. Very small detail inside for a short time in investigations when I was injured back in 2005 (car accident), but for the most part fights, especially when your’re alone, not fun!

Jody43

Can you expound on the medical retirement?
Severe laceration to my trigger finger (unfortunately non job related). Cutting sheet rock. That’s all she wrote!! Goes down bad a “medical retirement” technically, but I don’t get all the perks as if it happened on duty. They offered me a desk for the next 10 yrs and I’m like, nope so they bought me out cause I had the time.

ManInBrown

Lmao. OP is on some candy a55 training route with a massaged load and can’t understand why package drivers complain everyday. You’re going to get a reality check when you show up one day very soon to find yourself on a route with a bricked 10 cube. You’re going to be bitching and moaning just like everyone else.

Jody43

Lmao. OP is on some candy a55 training route with a massaged load and can’t understand why package drivers complain everyday. You’re going to get a reality check when you show up one day very soon to find yourself on a route with a bricked 10 cube. You’re going to be bitching and moaning just like everyone else.
What’s OP?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I’ve been sitting back monitoring and posting a few things here and there for honest advice and got to tell you after completing my traning (and waiting to start my 30 days) everything I’ve read on this forum is pretty much contrary to what I’ve personally experienced so far; and most of the drivers attitudes I’ve been around.

Most over here are so gloom and doom with the company and so negative when someone asks for advice or seeks some insight or whatever.

I can’t say what kind of driver I’ll be, but I’m glad I’ve been hired and feel lucky to be apart of this company. The gentleman I did my observation ride with was exceptional at his job, filled with great advice, professional and happy to work for UPS.

After working as a cop for 15 years, the way some of you complain, you wouldn’t last 2 calls on the street let alone make it through the academy.

Guess, like anything, I’ll feel differently after X amount of years in; however for new guys like myself that want honest advice; you really make it difficult to weed through the bull :censored2: before you can even attach to something that remotely is helpful.

At least that’s my perception to this point.

With that being said I do have legitimate questions and don’t feel like running to management and HR every time I think of one. So I’ll keep my questions to myself, for now, and try and get them answered another way.

Self pity or self development. It’s that simple!
See ya!!
Stick around, these guys will have you pissing and moaning in no time!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yep. Just to punch out at 10 pm. Come in the next morning and have to explain why you had lates and missed business. All to get thrown on another bricked route youve never done at 9:15 am.

Jody43

Stick around, these guys will have you pissing and moaning in no time!
I’m sure of it and I can piss and moan too, but not having a job and having to bow out of a 100K/yr job with a kid in college is not fun. I have a college degree but I ain’t no office type of guy. . My family; we work with our hands amd sweat it out.

ManInBrown

I can see it now. Fast forward 3 weeks. “What’s 150 clicks over? I came in this morning and they were flipping out about my performance from the day before. I punched out at 10pm. What more do they want from me” LOLOL

Dollar Chasing

Lol I don’t bitch and moan, I laugh all the way to the bank. Most people on here and in my center whine sooo much. A lot of rich/semi-rich people I know work 80-100hrs a week, and yet they complain about anything over 47.5. Sick, sad, whiny people.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I’m sure of it and I can piss and moan too, but not having a job and having to bow out of a 100K/yr job with a kid in college is not fun. I have a college degree but I ain’t no office type of guy. . My family; we work with our hands amd sweat it out.
Ok

Jody43

Lol I don’t bitch and moan, I laugh all the way to the bank. Most people on here and in my center whine sooo much. A lot of rich/semi-rich people I know work 80-100hrs a week, and yet they complain about anything over 47.5. Sick, sad, whiny people.
Thanks for that. I’m about doing a job and providing for my family and trying to have a little success along the way.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Ask me anything about the police and would gladly tell you the hoesnt truth. I have no more filter.
Is there a reason why setting speed traps in people's driveways and gossiping about everyone's business at the ambulance station takes priority over a house everyone knows has been selling drugs for the past twenty years or having the competence to solve a home invasion/murder that's been unsolved just as long?

Staydryitsraining

I’ve been sitting back monitoring and posting a few things here and there for honest advice and got to tell you after completing my traning (and waiting to start my 30 days) everything I’ve read on this forum is pretty much contrary to what I’ve personally experienced so far; and most of the drivers attitudes I’ve been around.

Most over here are so gloom and doom with the company and so negative when someone asks for advice or seeks some insight or whatever.

I can’t say what kind of driver I’ll be, but I’m glad I’ve been hired and feel lucky to be apart of this company. The gentleman I did my observation ride with was exceptional at his job, filled with great advice, professional and happy to work for UPS.

After working as a cop for 15 years, the way some of you complain, you wouldn’t last 2 calls on the street let alone make it through the academy.

Guess, like anything, I’ll feel differently after X amount of years in; however for new guys like myself that want honest advice; you really make it difficult to weed through the bull :censored2: before you can even attach to something that remotely is helpful.

At least that’s my perception to this point.

With that being said I do have legitimate questions and don’t feel like running to management and HR every time I think of one. So I’ll keep my questions to myself, for now, and try and get them answered another way.

Self pity or self development. It’s that simple!
See ya!!
Stfu

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Thanks for that. I’m about doing a job and providing for my family and trying to have a little success along the way.
Good luck! Have fun your first peak season, when it’s dark, snowing, and you don’t even know the area. Please come back and let us know how enthusiastic you are, after working 60-70 hours a week. Not the cop that works three and off for four anymore! Also, let me know how it feels to do this job with a herniated disc or two. Around fifty percent of us get that joy eventually.

Where’s @scooby0048 ???

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Good luck! Have fun your first peak season, when it’s dark, snowing, and you don’t even know the area. Please come back and let us know how enthusiastic you are, after working 60-70 hours a week. Not the cop that works three and off for four anymore! Also, let me know how it feels to do this job with a herniated disc or two. Around fifty percent of us get that joy eventually.

Where’s @scooby0048 ???

She, he, it, whatever the :censored2: they are can’t tell you what kind of driver they’re going to be. It’s super top secret.