Gloom and Doom

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Maybe if you read the thread from the beginning you’d figure that out for yourself!!

I did read it.

I’ll say again, I still don’t know why you would leave Law Enfrocement and come to UPS. I didn’t mean you were fired, I meant in general, the job is a small world and you couldn’t get hired at another agency.

rickyb

I’ve been sitting back monitoring and posting a few things here and there for honest advice and got to tell you after completing my traning (and waiting to start my 30 days) everything I’ve read on this forum is pretty much contrary to what I’ve personally experienced so far; and most of the drivers attitudes I’ve been around.

Most over here are so gloom and doom with the company and so negative when someone asks for advice or seeks some insight or whatever.

I can’t say what kind of driver I’ll be, but I’m glad I’ve been hired and feel lucky to be apart of this company. The gentleman I did my observation ride with was exceptional at his job, filled with great advice, professional and happy to work for UPS.

After working as a cop for 15 years, the way some of you complain, you wouldn’t last 2 calls on the street let alone make it through the academy.

Guess, like anything, I’ll feel differently after X amount of years in; however for new guys like myself that want honest advice; you really make it difficult to weed through the bull :censored2: before you can even attach to something that remotely is helpful.

At least that’s my perception to this point.

With that being said I do have legitimate questions and don’t feel like running to management and HR every time I think of one. So I’ll keep my questions to myself, for now, and try and get them answered another way.

Self pity or self development. It’s that simple!
See ya!!
the govt should treat cops better instead of putting them on the frontline of policy failures.

most guys on here will only make jokes at your expense.

ups is a below average job. raise your expectations

Jody43

I did read it.

I’ll say again, I still don’t know why you would leave Law Enfrocement and come to UPS. I didn’t mean you were fired, I meant in general, the job is a small world and you couldn’t get hired at another agency.
Once you take a medical it’s on the books and you can’t work for another agency. You must, with your background packet, reveal why you left. I couldn’t get hired with a medical risk like I had. Plus the township I worked for tried to save $ and did me dirty.

Box Ox

I’ve been sitting back monitoring and posting a few things here and there for honest advice and got to tell you after completing my traning (and waiting to start my 30 days) everything I’ve read on this forum is pretty much contrary to what I’ve personally experienced so far; and most of the drivers attitudes I’ve been around.

Most over here are so gloom and doom with the company and so negative when someone asks for advice or seeks some insight or whatever.

Every UPS noob starts off thinking they've landed a super cool gig and openly wonders why everybody is so bitter toward the Company. "I just walked in the door and nothing bad is happening to me, see?!"

The answer to the question of "Why all the bitterness?" is sort of like death and taxes. Comes for every UPSer eventually.

Good luck.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
@Jody43 welcome to hell. :devil3:

That 31st step you'll take is a doozy. Heck. That first day without a supervisor will be rough enough.

C'mon. Figure it out. The supervisor doesn't want to be out till 8. And certainly doesn't want to look like an idiot in front of the new guy.

So their solution?

Crazy light training, especially the first couple weeks.
I had an air driver try to go through training on my area in the last few weeks.

That truck went from 300+ pieces to <150. Easiest few days I've had loading my area in ages.
Unfortunately, the guy couldn't figure out odds and evens (seriously), for the sides of the street, so they threw him back to his original spot. And the numbers shot right back up.

So double your current expected workload. Lose the air help. And get ready to catch hell when you don't do everything just so.

But it's still a decent job. Maybe you'll do ok, but I'd take advice from the older drivers, instead of treating them like they don't know what they're talking about.
Or do whatever. Your knees/heart/back, not mine.

Last advice. Treat your preloader right. We have the ability to screw you royally, if you don't.

old levi's

blank space
@Jody43 welcome to hell. :devil3:

That 31st step you'll take is a doozy. Heck. That first day without a supervisor will be rough enough.

C'mon. Figure it out. The supervisor doesn't want to be out till 8. And certainly doesn't want to look like an idiot in front of the new guy.

So their solution?

Crazy light training, especially the first couple weeks.
I had an air driver try to go through training on my area in the last few weeks.

That truck went from 300+ pieces to <150. Easiest few days I've had loading my area in ages.
Unfortunately, the guy couldn't figure out odds and evens (seriously), for the sides of the street, so they threw him back to his original spot. And the numbers shot right back up.

So double your current expected workload. Lose the air help. And get ready to catch hell when you don't do everything just so.

But it's still a decent job. Maybe you'll do ok, but I'd take advice from the older drivers, instead of treating them like they don't know what they're talking about.
Or do whatever. Your knees/heart/back, not mine.

Last advice. Treat your preloader right. We have the ability to screw you royally, if you don't.

Some places the odds and the evens don't matter, could be either side of the 2 path!

Oceanview

For the most part I don't think much of anybody on here is disgruntled. Just hilarious when a rookie comes on here to tell veterans how it is. you rookies are super sensitive about it because you don't understand yet.

When the green light comes on you probably get nervous.

I yell WHAT THE EFF DO YOU WANT NOW

When they send a message about a tier 3 in the building or division my go to response is LOL

I’m dying when I’m off workmans comp I’m going to use lol as my go to response for any unfortunate accidents