Gloom and Doom

Dumbo

Most people that go on forums or comment on all the Facebook posts or whatever else and spend an exorbitant amount of time on them, usually don't represent the majority or the reality of life, and basically they are just attention seeking in some way, similiar to some teen girl seeing how many likes they can get on their duck lip selfies. This site is no different. Its definitely not the place to go for questions. The vast majority of the posts on here are made by about 30 people, out of the hundreds of thousands of UPS employees. Better to ask other drivers at your hub or you can PM me any questions, although Ive only been a driver for not quite a year.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
We had a driver, also in the Army reserve, did 5 tours split between Iraq and Afghanistan. Saw tons of action. He would come home, get back out on road, and dread it. He was constantly wanting to be deployed so as to get away from the BS at UPS. Once he was no longer being deployed, he lasted about two more years, and quit. Not because of PTSD or anything like that, but because he couldn't stand dealing with the crap he put up with daily as a package car driver.

To the OP, you'll be there bitching and moaning right along side of the rest of them soon enough. Actually, I predict management within 2 years.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Most people that go on forums or comment on all the Facebook posts or whatever else and spend an exorbitant amount of time on them, usually don't represent the majority or the reality of life, and basically they are just attention seeking in some way, similiar to some teen girl seeing how many likes they can get on their duck lip selfies. This site is no different. Its definitely not the place to go for questions. The vast majority of the posts on here are made by about 30 people, out of the hundreds of thousands of UPS employees. Better to ask other drivers at your hub or you can PM me any questions, although Ive only been a driver for not quite a year.
Someone posted a poll on here for who is goingvto vote yes for a strike authorization. It was over 90% in favor on here.
The actual strike authorization vote was 93% in favor.
I think when it comes to ups and people's attitudes towards work, this website is a pretty spot on indication of what's going on and how people are generally feeling.

Dumbo

Someone posted a poll on here for who is goingvto vote yes for a strike authorization. It was over 90% in favor on here.
The actual strike authorization vote was 93% in favor.
I think when it comes to ups and people's attitudes towards work, this website is a pretty spot on indication of what's going on and how people are generally feeling.

I agree that the contract will be voted down, as it should. I just don't think I need to post about it all the time. For what it's worth, many of the guys I work with are also voting no, but they aren't necessarily disgruntled, and generally have a favorable disposition toward their work. It's just business to them, and are voting no to protect their jobs. They aren't about to go get pitchforks and run around bitching all day. It's not that often that I post on this site. When I come home I spend time with my family most the time, not put myself back in the job mindset from my home.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Good luck! Have fun your first peak season, when it’s dark, snowing, and you don’t even know the area. Please come back and let us know how enthusiastic you are, after working 60-70 hours a week. Not the cop that works three and off for four anymore! Also, let me know how it feels to do this job with a herniated disc or two. Around fifty percent of us get that joy eventually.

Where’s @scooby0048 ???

Yeah, no. I tried to talk to this guy once or twice. No response so friend* em, this isn't Xmas season helpful Scooby, this is middle of July, sweating my nuts off with ass and ball chaffing, trying to get done in under 12 Scooby.

But I would like to give you kudos for at least thinking of me!

rod

Retired 22 years
Guess, like anything, I’ll feel differently after X amount of years in; however for new guys like myself that want honest advice; you really make it difficult to weed through the bull :censored2: before you can even attach to something that remotely is helpful.

QUOTE]

I guarantee you it won't take "years". I give it 6 months tops. UPS manages to turn everyone against them in time---its just the way they opperate

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I agree that the contract will be voted down, as it should. I just don't think I need to post about it all the time. For what it's worth, many of the guys I work with are also voting no, but they aren't necessarily disgruntled, and generally have a favorable disposition toward their work. It's just business to them, and are voting no to protect their jobs. They aren't about to go get pitchforks and run around bitching all day. It's not that often that I post on this site. When I come home I spend time with my family most the time, not put myself back in the job mindset from my home.
For the most part I don't think much of anybody on here is disgruntled. Just hilarious when a rookie comes on here to tell veterans how it is. you rookies are super sensitive about it because you don't understand yet.

When the green light comes on you probably get nervous.

I yell WHAT THE EFF DO YOU WANT NOW

When they send a message about a tier 3 in the building or division my go to response is LOL

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yeah, no. I tried to talk to this guy once or twice. No response so friend* em, this isn't Xmas season helpful Scooby, this is middle of July, sweating my nuts off with ass and ball chaffing, trying to get done in under 12 Scooby.

But I would like to give you kudos for at least thinking of me!
It gets that hot out there?