Go back part time?

I recently had a sezire and was diagnosed with generalized epilepsy. I've been with company 10 years, driving 3yrs. Now I'm being told from management and union rep I will be moved back part time. Employees I talk to says this isn't right but idk what I can do. Can anyone help me here? I can't afford to go part time..

Indecisi0n

I recently had a sezire and was diagnosed with generalized epilepsy. I've been with company 10 years, driving 3yrs. Now I'm being told from management and union rep I will be moved back part time. Employees I talk to says this isn't right but idk what I can do. Can anyone help me here? I can't afford to go part time..
By law They have to offer you alternative work due to your medical condition. It's not you get to pick and choose what you want.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like he is in an extended center ... no inside jobs available.

So? Create one by combining two PT jobs.

Our center created a 22.3 for a driver who had a bad habit of running in to things while driving (3 Tier 3's within a year). No one is else allowed to bid on it and it will be abolished upon her separation/retirement.

km3

They should be able to find something for him to do, though. Depending on the size of the building, if they just have him setup work areas for the next sort, that alone could knock out a couple hours.