Go Feeder or wait for 22.4?

I've drove 2 Seasons and this year went into the building pre load.
My center has posted for Feeder opportunities for PT employees. I am currently #17 to get into a brown (maybe January or February 23?).
I have a couple decades in Semi's so size doesn't concern me.
What are the pros and cons of Feeder over Package car? I'm in the Phx AZ area.

wrecker

My center has posted for Feeder opportunities for PT employees. I am currently #17 to get into a brown (maybe January or February 23?).
The only down side to Feeders is the schedule. As a junior driver, you’ll probably bounce all over the clock.

Package has a more consistent schedule, but the job is horrible.

542thruNthru

The arrows come after the "this"

200w-12.gif

:)

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
We just had 8-10 current package drivers sign the feeders list and most have already gotten the call to begin.
Everyone is tired and worn down and over this package BS lately. Forced 6th punch for 2+ years now, this job is trash right now and if the union doesn’t fix it next contract I’m leaving to feeders as well. Best contract ever amiright

2Down2Many2Go

So you have a couple of decades driving a Semi and drove package two years package.

And you really have to ask for pros and cons ?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Feeder pro’s = you’ll make more $$ and it’s easier on your body.

Cons = you’ll turn into a fat slob & start walking with a pimp limp (feeder walk)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
could be making 30+ an hour at any trucking company plus a signing bonus. But working part time at ups.
Most PTers work for the bennies. If he has 20 years with non union companies then he is making right choice sticking with UPS.

It all depends on your needs. Family, etc. Feeder you will work mostly nights until you gain enough seniority to get better hours. Not familiar with your hubs' feeder operations.
Better for your body compared to package. Most package drivers switch over to feeder when their hips, knees and other parts of body starts breaking down..

There are plenty of pros and cons to think about For everyone it is different.

Whereistheunion

If you can stay awake throughout the night on 3erd shift, you will have a long and illustrious career in feeder driving. 22.4 has NO/NONE pros only CONS to many to LIST.

ACG12

As a current 22.4 in the process of trying to make Feeder, ABSOLUTELY jump to Feeder.

Other than going to FT employee, the 22.4 position is horrendous.

So you have a couple of decades driving a Semi and drove package two years package.

And you really have to ask for pros and cons ?
Always one who strays out of route.
But yes, at 50 years old I'm asking if driving 58 miles each way to the Feeder yard compared to 4 miles to my center is worth it.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Every ltl company in America
You don’t pull in the women driving for those fleets like you do in browns. My tire thumper isn’t just for beating tires but also for getting the women off me. Im a married man, why won’t they leave me alone? 😢