Go into Management from 22.4

FedGT

I know many people here are not a fan of management but had a question in regards to it.
I was hired on as 22.4 and the way that I am looking at things, there is really not much incentive to move most 22.4s into RPCD at all. Majority of the swing drivers at my hub have been there a few years and are still a few years out from being able to get their own route. Chances are that 22.4s will be topped out for a few years on lower tier before being able to move over to RPCD which obviously benefits the company greatly.

I was told with my prior experience there is a high likelihood I can get fast tracked to an on road supervisor if I wanted to take that on. I think it is a no brained at this point but was curious as to what others would do especially if they were a 22.4.

I know many people here are not a fan of management but had a question in regards to it.
I was hired on as 22.4 and the way that I am looking at things, there is really not much incentive to move most 22.4s into RPCD at all. Majority of the swing drivers at my hub have been there a few years and are still a few years out from being able to get their own route. Chances are that 22.4s will be topped out for a few years on lower tier before being able to move over to RPCD which obviously benefits the company greatly.

I was told with my prior experience there is a high likelihood I can get fast tracked to an on road supervisor if I wanted to take that on. I think it is a no brained at this point but was curious as to what others would do especially if they were a 22.4.
Management would be like taking a 22.7 job

tadpole

I was told with my prior experience there is a high likelihood I can get fast tracked to an on road supervisor if I wanted to take that on.
LOL, they need supervisors because nobody wants that job. They’d take almost anybody.

They have to move 22.4s up when a rpcd quits or is fired or transfers away.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Think buddy. they say this to lot of people with half a brain.
You have more job security with a union job.
If you don't mind being considered every name in the book behind your back by all means become an ORM.

Yolo

The top out for 22.4s will be around $35 in 4 years. That's still pretty good money. And then at some point you can bid on a RPCD position. Management personnel get transferred a lot. Buy a house close to your center then 3 months later you get transferred 2 hours west. Grass isn't always greener or something .

Yolo

We have so many pt sups that thought they were going to be fast tracked into a higher position. And they are still hanging placards after 10-15 years.

542thruNthru

Wait... so you'd start off as a PT sup with the likelihood of being fast tracked to a FT sup?

El Correcto

god is dead

If you plan on staying at UPS I wouldn’t do it.
If you want to move on from UPS with a college education, I’d do it just for my resume.