God is ruining the world

newfie

If you have to Ask.

its a sincere question. there are Christian religions that are very tolerant of other religions . you don't know the answer. most of you religion bashers just make it up as you go or focus on what you consider the extreme arguments of religion.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Wrong. I coulda cared less about anything before I was saved. My thinking did a COMPLETE 180 that day. Do I still do those things I was doing before Jesus? ABSOLUTELY and I ain't proud of it. The difference is that I never used to care about it. Now I have that voice in me that encourages me.
A voice you say?

BrownArmy

you've never read budha. their message is not similar . you're making this up as you go now.

My guess is you've not read Buddha at all.

If you strip the nonsense away, what's 'quoted' from both (which is likely apocryphal, but it's all we have) lines up quite nicely.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My guess is you've not read Buddha at all.

If you strip the nonsense away, what's 'quoted' from both (which is likely apocryphal, but it's all we have) lines up quite nicely.
To be fair, Buddha is more new testament peace and love jesus than old testament fire and brimstone.

BrownArmy

To be fair, Buddha is more new testament peace and love jesus than old testament fire and brimstone.

That makes sense, Jesus wasn't even born before the OT was finished.

(WAIT, BROWNARMY, JESUS IS ALL OVER THE OT, HE WAS PROPHESI...}

Whatever.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
A voice you say?
Let me tell you a story. About 10 years ago I was sitting in my driveway after work. It was wintertime and about 5 am. I had so.e really good smoke so I am toking up, listening to am sports talk radio. I felt a poke on my right arm. It freaked me out. It was like if you were sitting next to me and poked me. It freaked me out and I wasn't even high yet. When I realized nobody was there I knew it had to be God. I swear on my life this happened. I can't explain it. I was a Christian at the time BTW. I sat in stunned silence for a long time. I was so shook up about it I called in the next night. I didn't know what to do. Sometimes I still don't.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Let me tell you a story. About 10 years ago I was sitting in my driveway after work. It was wintertime and about 5 am. I had so.e really good smoke so I am toking up, listening to am sports talk radio. I felt a poke on my right arm. It freaked me out. It was like if you were sitting next to me and poked me. It freaked me out and I wasn't even high yet. When I realized nobody was there I knew it had to be God. I swear on my life this happened. I can't explain it. I was a Christian at the time BTW. I sat in stunned silence for a long time. I was so shook up about it I called in the next night. I didn't know what to do. Sometimes I still don't.
I don't know what to tell you about that, you have a right to your own experience. I was brought up in the church, altar boy, CCD on the weekends, etc. Drifted away from it as I got older. I was probably in my mid 30's before I realized that I was an atheist.

When I was in the Marines a buddy of mine had kind of a similar experience to yours. We were stationed at Kaneohe Bay at the time and he used to always ride his motorcycle through the mountains to Waikiki, one night he came back to the barracks white as a ghost saying he heard the devil laughing at him in his helmet while he was riding. He was pretty freaked out, I remember he called his parents and prayed with them over the phone (they were all evangelical). To this day he swears it was really the devil.

BrownArmy

Try that with my center manager, good luck...

floridays

And you won't/can't until you set aside the things of this world. Look, I am a bad person. You can read some of my posts here to clarify that. Am I a good witness? NO! But I am working on it with HIS help. I have SLOWLY dropped things from my life but it's not an overnight deal. I am being worked on daily. I never knew I WAS being worked on until I found him. Nobody is perfect. Am I forgiven? ABSOLUTELY but most times don't feel like it. I am messed up man. Aren't we all?
I think I can safely call you a brother.
Jesus is my saviour and is Lord of all, to the glory of God. Jesus came to save sinner's, I am chief. Take care brother.

floridays

Nope. Just stating there is more than one way to salvation.
Name them. Jesus said he was the only way. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by me.

John 14:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I assume First @MAKAVELI carries more weight than the resurrected Lord God?

BrownArmy

Name them. Jesus said he was the only way. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by me.

John 14:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I assume First @MAKAVELI carries more weight than the resurrected Lord God?

You're only talking about one religious text.

Plenty of others.

"Valhalla, I am coming!"

floridays

Religion is about submitting your will to God's. There are things we're told not to do, also known as sin. But nowhere does the Bible say we'll be perfect. Only that we're to try the best we can and God judges what's in our hearts and his grace covers us.
Bad theology Van, probably not on purpose however. Scripture tells me when I see him, I will be like Him.

1 John 3:2-3 King James Version (KJV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Not my words, word of God. Disagree with Him, not me.

floridays

I don't think its that complicated . I think many if not most of the world believes in one god and calls him a different name. But the belief system is very similar.

I think the message was pretty clean at one time. Man is good at muddling up the communication and distorting the original message.
I think a kind and just god or force out there will have an answer for us all.
I had the opportunity the past week to again get out and enjoy the wonders of nature. Everything works too well to be by accident . My son whose faith has wavered at times said if there is a god then he is a programmer because everything in nature is so in sync. I thought that was a great description.

however libs spewing their hatred on BC are clearly going to hell no matter what they do :)

I like the last jab to the ribs for the libs.

floridays

Jesus put the ear back on the dudes head after Peter cut it off with a sword.
That's what the response is.

When the disciples asked Jesus if he would call down fire from heaven to destroy a group of people who rejected him Jesus said that he came to save lives not to destroy them.

There you go.
Nice job.