God is ruining the world

floridays

If it was obvious, wouldn't everyone think the same thing?
Most do, this takes care of the rest
Psalm 14
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

floridays

I am not fighting. Just trying to enlighten in the way this terrible guy knows how. I do know that only Christianity says there is one way and one way only to see Heaven, Paradise, or whatever else you want to call it. I ain't getting on you man or thumping my Bible on your head. I believe in loving my fellow man and letting Jeus work on me. Ain't nobody perfect. I am a terrible person. Read some posts of mine on this site. I ain't proud of them. I am far from God right now. Trying to find my way back but I keep getting in the way.
Keep making posts like that and some will think you are me under a different name. Run the race brother, I'll run in your footsteps shortly.

floridays

If you think that things happen for a reason you’re more likely to conjure up some sort of God to make sense of that. As we age, in general we think less teleologically --although interestingly, only in societies with a strong education system -- but nevertheless, we never quite lose our disposition to think that events are part some grand design. Even highly trained academics will slip unwittingly into teleology when put under pressure.

The Biological Basis of Belief
Good stuff here for the academics or intellectuals
Matthew 11:25
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes

vantexan

Bad theology Van, probably not on purpose however. Scripture tells me when I see him, I will be like Him.

1 John 3:2-3 King James Version (KJV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Not my words, word of God. Disagree with Him, not me.
Not sure if you're saying you're in a perfect state now, or will be when you see Jesus in heaven? We are told that all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God. That we have our sins washed away in baptism but must try not to sin in the future. Jesus spoke in the Sermon on the Mount of various groups and how they respond to the Word of God. He also said not everyone who sayeth unto him Lord, Lord will enter into Heaven but he that doeth the will of his Father which is in Heaven. There's more to living the Christian life than once saved, always saved. You can lose your salvation. Was it James who said that if you believe in God you doeth well but the devils also believe, and tremble. Are the devils going to heaven too because they just believe?

All that being said, I have problems with the theology. I sometimes wonder if the whole thing is to get poor people to be compliant and subservient. Be good now, get your reward in the next life. Obey your masters.

And then there is the question I have that troubles me most. I was taught that the vast majority of people aren't going to heaven. For strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, that leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:14. The problem is that if relatively few make it to heaven in comparison to the many who don't, then how is God just? There are billions of people who've come and gone who've never heard the Gospel, and billions more are coming who won't. That have totally different belief systems than Christianity. If they believe in anything. Yet I've been taught unless you're a faithful Christian you can't enter into heaven. Is there really anything about Buddhism, Hinduism, Confucianism, etc that indicates they're worshipping the same God, but in a different way? Especially Hinduism, which has many deities. And of course we see all the Christian bashing by liberals while they go to great lengths to praise Islam. Yet Islam throughout it's history was spread by the sword, attacking people of all other religious groups, not just Christians, seeking to convert or at least dominate all nonbelievers. I'm in a small city full of Muslims, nice people, not the kind we too often read terrible things about. But the truth is that armies came to this region and forcefully converted them centuries ago, not missionaries. So knowing what I do about Islam how can I possibly see it as a legitimate religion? The only one I see in that light is Christianity, because of the simple message of Jesus. There's nothing that compares and yet how can I believe that a simple nomad in Kyrgyzstan who has never seen a Bible will go to hell because he's a Muslim? If so he never had a chance.

Even if I struggle with my faith I will never join the camp that attacks Christianity constantly. I appreciate the great faith that some demonstrate and believe the world is a better place because of them. Jerry Falwell once said that if it turns out it's all untrue his life was still much better because he was a Christian, tried to live by Christian principles. When I see the alternative, the constant anger and vitriol that some demonstrate, I will gladly believe that Christianity, as stated in the Bible, is the best choice, the best course in life.

floridays

A voice you say?
Called the Holy Spirit, it's the voice that kicks me in the ass after I post really stupid stuff here. The man is speaking the truth, maybe you will know someday. I make no claim of being a better human than anyone on this board, I do make the claim of being redeemed by Jesus, the Messiah, and stand before God blameless in His Son. Yeah there is a voice.

floridays

Not sure if you're saying you're in a perfect state now, or will be when you see Jesus in heaven? We are told that all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God. That we have our sins washed away in baptism but must try not to sin in the future. Jesus spoke in the Sermon on the Mount of various groups and how they respond to the Word of God. He also said not everyone who sayeth unto him Lord, Lord will enter into Heaven but he that doeth the will of his Father which is in Heaven. There's more to living the Christian life than once saved, always saved. You can lose your salvation. Was it James who said that if you believe in God you doeth well but the devils also believe, and tremble. Are the devils going to heaven too because they just believe?

All that being said, I have problems with the theology. I sometimes wonder if the whole thing is to get poor people to be compliant and subservient. Be good now, get your reward in the next life. Obey your masters.

And then there is the question I have that troubles me most. I was taught that the vast majority of people aren't going to heaven. For strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, that leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:14. The problem is that if relatively few make it to heaven in comparison to the many who don't, then how is God just? There are billions of people who've come and gone who've never heard the Gospel, and billions more are coming who won't. That have totally different belief systems than Christianity. If they believe in anything. Yet I've been taught unless you're a faithful Christian you can't enter into heaven. Is there really anything about Buddhism, Hinduism, Confucianism, etc that indicates they're worshipping the same God, but in a different way? Especially Hinduism, which has many deities. And of course we see all the Christian bashing by liberals while the go to great lengths to praise Islam. Yet Islam throughout it's history was spread by the sword, attacking people of all other religious groups, not just Christians, seeking to convert or at least dominate all nonbelievers. I'm in a small city full of Muslims, nice people, not the kind we too often read terrible things about. But the truth is that armies came to this region and forcefully converted them centuries ago, not missionaries. So knowing what I do about Islam how can I possibly see it as a legitimate religion? The only one I see in that light is Christianity, because of the simple message of Jesus. There's nothing that compares and yet how can I believe that a simple nomad in Kyrgyzstan who has never seen a Bible will go to help because he's a Muslim? If so he never had a chance.

Even if I struggle with my faith I will never join the camp that attacks Christianity constantly. I appreciate the great faith that some demonstrate and believe the world is a better place because of them. Jerry Falwell once said that if it turns out it's all untrue his life was still much better because he was a Christian, tried to live by Christian principles. When I see the alternative, the constant anger and vitriol that some demonstrate, I will gladly believe that Christianity, as stated in the Bible, is the best choice, the best course in life.
Van, you wrote a lot, I'll try to go piece by piece, in no particular order. Pertaining to various religions, there is absolutely no hope, by definition and doctrine they deny the deity of Jesus and His mission. Jesus was God cloaked in human flesh. His mission was to be tempted and to experience everything that any human ever has and be blameless.. sinless. He fulfilled all of the law of the old testament for his people, the Jewish nation, and whosoever will come.

Pertaining to the perfect state currently, you know me Van, I'm a filthy redeemed sinner saved by Grace, nothing more nothing less. The scripture does tell me, and I posted it, When we see Him we will be as Him. That is a promise of God. The fact of the matter is though, when God looks at me currently, he sees me through shed blood. The blood of the sacrifice he prepared for Himself, and in the Lamb He presented, Jesus.
Anyone is free to call me a fool, don't care. I believe God and Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness.
Water baptism gets you wet, doesn't wash a thing away but it is a picture.
Faithful christian mentioned, my scripture tells me I'm held by the power of God, I'm eternally grateful it doesn't depend on me holding onto Him, he holds onto me. It's God's faithfulness, Grace is a gift of God, lest a :censored2: like me boast.

As for the justice of God, or how can he be just, God is God, he sent His son from Heaven to die and be a propitiation for sin. The scripture says it's his will that none should parish. A loving God will get the message to any that would be saved. It happens daily, and there were people saved before Jesus death, burial and resurrection, they were just saved on credit. Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness.

Here's a question for you that may make it easier for you to sleep at night. How many people on this board and in your life do you know that have rejected the finished work of Jesus, the Christ, Messiah and feel the need to add something to it? That is why the the road is narrow and straight is the way. Myself, I'm satisfied with what God provided and did for me. I'm satisfied Jesus took God's wrath in my place.
Hope you're still having a good time over there Amigo.
John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

It will be fine

Van, you wrote a lot, I'll try to go piece by piece, in no particular order. Pertaining to various religions, there is absolutely no hope, by definition and doctrine they deny the deity of Jesus and His mission. Jesus was God cloaked in human flesh. His mission was to be tempted and to experience everything that any human ever has and be blameless.. sinless. He fulfilled all of the law of the old testament for his people, the Jewish nation, and whosoever will come.

Pertaining to the perfect state currently, you know me Van, I'm a filthy redeemed sinner saved by Grace, nothing more nothing less. The scripture does tell me, and I posted it, When we see Him we will be as Him. That is a promise of God. The fact of the matter is though, when God looks at me currently, he sees me through shed blood. The blood of the sacrifice he prepared for Himself, and in the Lamb He presented, Jesus.
Anyone is free to call me a fool, don't care. I believe God and Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness.
Faithful christian mentioned, my scripture tells me I'm held by the power of God, I'm eternally grateful it doesn't depend on me holding onto Him, he holds onto me. It's God's faithfulness, Grace is a gift of God, lest a :censored2: like me boast.

As for the justice of God, or how can he be just, God is God, he sent His son from Heaven to die and be a propitiation for sin. The scripture says it's his will that none should parish. A loving God will get the message to any that would be saved. It happens daily, and there were people saved before Jesus death, burial and resurrection, they were just saved on credit. Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness.

Here's a question for you that may make it easier for you to sleep at night. How many people on this board and in your life do you know that have rejected the finished work of Jesus, the Christ, Messiah and feel the need to add something to it? That is why the the road is narrow and straight is the way. Myself, I'm satisfied with what God provided and did for me. I'm satisfied Jesus took God's wrath in my place.
:blahblah:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Religions People I do not understand why you are so offended by Atheists.
We are just Atheists.
We don't follow a book that says you should burn in hell for all eternity for not having the same beliefs as us.

That would be offensive.
You dropped this.

download.jpeg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

And then there is the question I have that troubles me most. I was taught that the vast majority of people aren't going to heaven. For strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, that leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:14. The problem is that if relatively few make it to heaven in comparison to the many who don't, then how is God just? There are billions of people who've come and gone who've never heard the Gospel, and billions more are coming who won't. That have totally different belief systems than Christianity. If they believe in anything. Yet I've been taught unless you're a faithful Christian you can't enter into heaven. Is there really anything about Buddhism, Hinduism, Confucianism, etc that indicates they're worshipping the same God, but in a different way? Especially Hinduism, which has many deities. And of course we see all the Christian bashing by liberals while they go to great lengths to praise Islam. Yet Islam throughout it's history was spread by the sword, attacking people of all other religious groups, not just Christians, seeking to convert or at least dominate all nonbelievers. I'm in a small city full of Muslims, nice people, not the kind we too often read terrible things about. But the truth is that armies came to this region and forcefully converted them centuries ago, not missionaries. So knowing what I do about Islam how can I possibly see it as a legitimate religion? The only one I see in that light is Christianity, because of the simple message of Jesus. There's nothing that compares and yet how can I believe that a simple nomad in Kyrgyzstan who has never seen a Bible will go to hell because he's a Muslim? If so he never had a chance.

Jesus Christ that's a lot of text!

newfie

My guess is you've not read Buddha at all.

If you strip the nonsense away, what's 'quoted' from both (which is likely apocryphal, but it's all we have) lines up quite nicely.

you've created an analogy and now you're making up the defense as you go

Meat

Of course it was invented as a means of social control. It’s not like the aristocracy could have relied on easy credit, reality television, televised sports and social media to pacify the dupes.

Furthermore, if God was going to destroy the earth (again) due to human folly, don’t you reckon he would have done so centuries ago?