Going from loader to unloader?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
As for this guy, I'm certainly not crying. It kills my back to tippie-toe to get every package up there. My PPH is way past what I'm supposed to have after the 30 day mark (I'm at 410-ish on week 2). I just hope most of the guys on here aren't as assumptious as you are.
Wah...my back hurts. Quit.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
As someone who has both loaded and unloaded trailers in my career, you are probably better off staying on the reload. You get breaks because of jams and fluctuations in volumn. Unloaders are balls to the wall from the back to the front of the trailer. It may have changed due to concessions, but used to, loader was considered a skilled position and paid $1.00 more/hour.

T

Turdferguson

Hi all, I was recently hired as a PT loader for the twilight shift and it is :censored2: killing me. Not because of the weight of the boxes, but because of my height. Even with the load stand, I'm struggling to balance and tippie-toe on it just to fill up that top space. I'm a solid 4 inches shorter than the second shortest loader in my hub. I've only been here for a week. From what I've seen, unloaders have it way easier thanks to the assistance of gravity. My short height will greatly benefit from that. :-) Is it possible to ask my sup, shop steward, etc. to change me to an unloader? If so, how long should I wait before asking? Should I purposely slow my PPH down as an incentive? Sorry for the long post, but I need answers. I haven't asked management yet because I don't want to look like a pusillanimous, basically.

You on the way to work?
SNL_0757_04_Tiny_Elvis.png