Going out in your uniform...

NonDeliverOtherMissed

saw a post in the FedEx section of BC....just wondering if any of you UPS guys are guilty of sitting at the bar in your browns. I will admit I've met my wife a few times at the local bar directly from work. I'm not saying I sit there and slam down shots but I'll have 1 or 2 drinks.

upschuck

About 20 years ago they started allowing you to wear your browns home, mainly because they could save money by not having someone come in and launder all those uniforms.

542thruNthru

I do it almost twice a week. Was talked to once by our DM but he was at the same bar wearing a UPS jacket so he kind of laughed it off. Pretty much all he said was don't make a fool out of us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

About 20 years ago they started allowing you to wear your browns home, mainly because they could save money by not having someone come in and launder all those uniforms.

When they changed the policy they did allow us to make quick stops on the way home, such as at a convenience store. They strongly discouraged extended stops at places such as bars which would not reflect favorably upon the brand.

The military was the same way. They were OK with us stopping for a gallon of milk on the way home but frowned upon us drinking in public while in uniform.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Guilty as charged. Especially when Black Friday used to be a volunteer 05 day. Bunch of us used to meet up to kick off the holiday season after we were done and wives thought we were working.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I stop to eat something for dinner in browns after work all the time. But any time I'm planning on doing any kind of running around straight from work I bring a change of clothes with me.

9.5er

I frequently eat lunch at a couple different steakhouses. I like to sit at the bar because they have a TV on ESPN or a ballgame of some sort. Can't see them in the regular sitting areas.

Edd Orion

We have a bar right outside ups, at least. 25-50 uniformed drivers in there a night. Even has a special wall where we all hang up our warning letters. Think we are the only reason this bar is still in business

Rack em

Made the Podium
I walked into buffalo wild wings one night after work still in uniform to grab some wings. As I walked in I walked right past my center manager, on road, and automotive sup at a table. I just stopped and said hi then kept walking. Not only did they not say anything about me being in browns, but they bought my wings!

Cementups

Box Monkey
About once a month or so me and a few other drivers go to a local bar for wings and drinks straight after work. We aren't in there getting shet faced so really no big deal. I have to eat like other people so I may as well have a drink like other people too.

jaker

trolling
I won't drink in my browns no matter what , but I will go shopping and eat dinner in them because once they are off I don't want to put anything else on