Going out in your uniform...

Zowert

I’ll stop at a convenience store on the way home and grab some beer once in awhile. I’ve had some people give me a weird look like, “I hope that UPS guy isn’t on the clock.”

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I work nights and often stop at the grocery store, or occasional Walmart run, or every so often diner for breakfast on my way home. . More often than not, I get someone who says "shouldn't you be out delivering packages?"

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’ll stop at a convenience store on the way home and grab some beer once in awhile. I’ve had some people give me a weird look like, “I hope that UPS guy isn’t on the clock.”
I would hit the liquor store after work all the time. Along with the other drivers. Lol

Drink Craft Beer

Saw a feeder driver wearing his Browns at a flea market once. He was using a big fancy carved walk stick, wearing aviator shades and nose was up in the air almost looked as if he were marching. He thought he looked so :censored2:ing cool, when in reality, he was nothing but a giant D-bag who I unfortunately had to work with for a short time.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I was told that I can wear my browns on the way back home, but once I get home I can't go back out in my browns. But either way, if I'm in public in my browns I can't disparage ups with my behavior. Sounds fair to me. I have, on occasion, had to go straight from work to bar trivia because there wasn't time to go home. My teams almost always podium and we take 1st a lot. I figure winning reflects well on UPS.

trickpony1

If I get home and gotta cut the lawn, why not cut it in my browns? I’m dirty already who cares.
Sure.
I just spent the day shrink-wrapped in polyester sweating balls. I want to do more of that when I get home.

It does help any burglars to know where you work so they can hit when you're not there.

I don't wear ANY part of my uniform ANYwhere until I get to work.
The less people know about you, the better.

Securely helping.

oldngray

nowhere special
Once upon a time you could wear the shirt home but had to change into brown pants at work. That changed to where there pretty much don't care where you wear your uniform.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Sure.
I just spent the day shrink-wrapped in polyester sweating balls. I want to do more of that when I get home.

It does help any burglars to know where you work so they can hit when you're not there.

I don't wear ANY part of my uniform ANYwhere until I get to work.
The less people know about you, the better.

Securely helping.
Sure.
DB67E3D9-6683-42A5-8659-B5579FCFD2F1.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Unlike most of the country, Local 25 drivers get to wear their uniforms home.
Since UPS didn't want to pay members ( closed shop ) to change clothes.
It is some what common to see uniforms ( or partial ones ) on people doing every day chores.
I have used old uniforms as painting clothes.