Going out in your uniform...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You say this stuff in jest but one of our drivers would get done with work and go straight to his son's baseball games. On occasion if they needed his help he would coach third base......in his browns. One night a sup was at the game to watch his kid and saw this driver there, being a part of the community and helping his son's team. The next day both our centers had a PCM about not wearing our browns to public events or places.

I coached my son's Little League and Babe Ruth teams and would often go right from work to the field. I would change out of my uniform when possible but, if not, I would either put a jacket on or, if it was warm, I would change shirts.

We had two drivers, both since retired, who would make a habit of going to a local bar after work to have more than just a few. One of them would stop at a local convenience store to pick up a 40 for the ride home.

Holydriver

I coached my son's Little League and Babe Ruth teams and would often go right from work to the field. I would change out of my uniform when possible but, if not, I would either put a jacket on or, if it was warm, I would change shirts.

We had two drivers, both since retired, who would make a habit of going to a local bar after work to have more than just a few. One of them would stop at a local convenience store to pick up a 40 for the ride home.
I buy beer on the way home sometimes in brownies. I'm still quite certain that the cashiers have never decided to ship via FedEx after the recollect selling g beer to a UPS guy. These are just stupid rules

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I buy beer on the way home sometimes in brownies. I'm still quite certain that the cashiers have never decided to ship via FedEx after the recollect selling g beer to a UPS guy. These are just stupid rules

I will also occasionally buy beer on the way home. The difference here is that the driver asked that the beer be put in to a brown paper bag.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If I have to go out and meet someone, I will usually carry a sweat shirt or if it is warm I just take my UPS shirt off, but not a lot of fun when you smell like diesel and hands are covered in UPS grime

Cementups

Box Monkey

I personally do the same. Since I coach my daughter's softball team I always have a change of clothes in my car for practice/games. I change quickly in the employee parking lot next to my car and go.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have a locker room.
That's more stuff I have to lug into work and then lug back out. And with our new guard shack, it's a royal PITA. I used to carry a back pack with and even got rid of that and only carry my lunch box which only has water bottles in it and my speaker and a Monster. Now it's a mission to try and carry as little as possible.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

That's more stuff I have to lug into work and then lug back out. And with our new guard shack, it's a royal PITA. I used to carry a back pack with and even got rid of that and only carry my lunch box which only has water bottles in it and my speaker and a Monster. Now it's a mission to try and carry as little as possible.
We got new guard shack as well..they think they are the TSA and they look like thieves themselves

542thruNthru

We got a new gaurd as well. Every driver now leaves everything in their car and they pick it up as they leave the building. It's actually kind of funny. 15 to 20 ups trucks parked outside the building trying to get their stuff.

rod

Retired 22 years

We had a Mexican who stopped EVERY night after work and bought a 12 pack for the ride home. He said it took him two beers to get home and 10 more to relax.