Going to feeders

daveyj

Hey everyone they put up a feeder sign up sheet in my center today and I sign up... I already have my cdls. Some guys in feeders are telling me I will work , I have 4 years seniority what do you guys think I should do

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If you don't get feeder hours then you go into the hub. You can't bump package drivers.

Not where I'm at. If they lay you off in feeders, and you haven't bid a run in feeders, you go back to your old package car route. If you have a bid run in feeders and then they lay you off, you go back to package car as an unassigned driver.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Don't take it for granted you will pass because you already have your CDL. We had a few fail because they didn't grasp the 5 and 10...they thought they were golden and got a big surprise. Neither had been through package car training where it was beat into their heads.

Know the 5 and 10 and how they apply to situations on the road, the time spent studying is worth it for the opportunity you are getting.

Where I am a feeder driver can learn package car if they are on the super Q, otherwise it's back to the hub when not working. If you were already trained but not on a bid route it depends on if they need help.

Good luck!

Johney

Not where I'm at. If they lay you off in feeders, and you haven't bid a run in feeders, you go back to your old package car route. If you have a bid run in feeders and then they lay you off, you go back to package car as an unassigned driver.
That's if he was a package car driver before feeder driver,what if the op wasn't?