Going to Panel never had a warning letter

John Green

I'm a Atlanta driver 15 years of service NO warning letter, NO accidents.. Changed start time from a 8:30am to a 8:35am, boss discharged me and sending me to the panel!! Discrimination maybe?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'm a Atlanta driver 15 years of service NO warning letter, NO accidents.. Changed start time from a 8:30am to a 8:35am, boss discharged me and sending me to the panel!! Discrimination maybe?
It's called "dishonesty". No warning letter needed. Your accident history is irrelevant. Apologize. Let them know it will never happen again. You will more than likely get your job back with all time off as suspension.

John Green

Understandable but it's guys who been fired for signing for packages 3 times, delivering 29 air late after delivering 7 ground stops... If I was a dishonest driver it would came up before 15 years!

upschuck

Understandable but it's guys who been fired for signing for packages 3 times, delivering 29 air late after delivering 7 ground stops... If I was a dishonest driver it would came up before 15 years!
Changing start time to avoid an occurrence is considered dishonesty.

As to your second point, you have probably done other things, just this time you got caught.

trickpony1

You probably could have gotten away with this in the BOG but not in Atlanta, the bowel of the beast.

5 minutes late.....big deal.......I suppose there are no traffic jams in Atlanta?

govols019

You smell that?
We have a part timer that was late 151 times last year...nobody cared. If he changed his start time on his own to avoid showing late...somebody would have cared.

trickpony1

Were you actually late or did you just grab the DIAD and forget to clock in?

That happens occasionally in feeders.

The driver walks into dispatch and is immediately hammered by the dispatcher talking about trucks, trailers, pick ups, meet points and other extremely important stuff.

Driver is overwhelmed and forgets to clock in.

Overpaid Union Thug

That happens occasionally in feeders.

The driver walks into dispatch and is immediately hammered by the dispatcher talking about trucks, trailers, pick ups, meet points and other extremely important stuff.

Driver is overwhelmed and forgets to clock in.
I do it in package. I show up super early (nowhere to park otherwise) and still show up as late. It's usually fixed for me though.

Cementups

Box Monkey

The only reason I've ever seen to change your start time is to get your guaranteed 8 hours pay. And the only way your doing that is if your punching out before 8 hours is up. If your late, you forfeit that right to guaranteed 8. It turns out UPS doesn't like giving out free money. So if this is why you were changing your time and they caught you.......well, you see what happened.

*ONLY CHANGE START TIME IF INSTRUCTED*