Going to Panel never had a warning letter

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Adjusting your timecard....accounting for all time you stood around to talking to every customer on your route and claimed you didn't have time for lunch or a break.

Here is how I know...at 830am 3 days in a row I asked you to complete training in the DIAD..you forgot...but you rattled off every statistic for every NASCAR driver since 1947 with Ricky Bobby at the 3 piece dock stop every day for the last 3 days (15 minutes at the stop). Time Card adjusted and justified.
One of your points can be proven, one can't, guess which one and you win a pink slip.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Since you are in Atlanta maybe scratch should mentor you so this doesn't happen again.. I have heard he is a big deal in the dirty south

I can only manipulate things in my Hub. If he is in P'Dale, Roswell, or Fulton Ind. he is on his own. We have drivers coming to work late everyday, its no big deal. These days the company seems happy to have a warm body show up to move boxes. Why somebody would change their Start Time to later makes no sense to me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I can only manipulate things in my Hub. If he is in P'Dale, Roswell, or Fulton Ind. he is on his own. We have drivers coming to work late everyday, its no big deal. These days the company seems happy to have a warm body show up to move boxes. Why somebody would change their Start Time to later makes no sense to me.
Not in Roswell, have at least 5 out of 30 with a L by their name on the OR. Hell, we can't get half the guys to change their start time to 8:40 from 8:45 on Wednesday as an approved time change.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wish we could start at 8:40, I start at 9:00 and I am lucky to get out of the door by 9:20. Forest Park Hub is about two miles South of the Atlanta Airport, the air hits the building about 6:30AM. We have a sorry Preload, I think we should be on the road by 8:30 at the latest.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I wish we could start at 8:40, I start at 9:00 and I am lucky to get out of the door by 9:20. Forest Park Hub is about two miles South of the Atlanta Airport, the air hits the building about 6:30AM. We have a sorry Preload, I think we should be on the road by 8:30 at the latest.
Considering the Pre Load supervisor in your building it's a miracle ya'll are even out of the building by 920.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Ding....Ding....Ding... We have a winner!
Nobody on here ever seems to believe me, but I actually believe you should be paid for every minute you work.

There are far easier and less ethically questionable things you can do to adjust over/under than shave time minutes off someone's card.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I saw a couple of management people sent packing for "adjusting" time cards. If you could talk to them today I'm sure they would tell you it isn't worth it.
A couple? I've seen 5 in the last 15 yrs get the walk of shame from messing with the numbers. Like telling a kid not to touch that hot stove. And it's always the Hitler wannabe types that get caught the fastest.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Nobody on here ever seems to believe me, but I actually believe you should be paid for every minute you work.

There are far easier and less ethically questionable things you can do to adjust over/under than shave time minutes off someone's card.

Supervisors aren't supposed to work at all but somehow you all love to steal work from hourlies. Your job is to supervise. Stick to that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Adjusting your timecard....accounting for all time you stood around to talking to every customer on your route and claimed you didn't have time for lunch or a break.

Here is how I know...at 830am 3 days in a row I asked you to complete training in the DIAD..you forgot...but you rattled off every statistic for every NASCAR driver since 1947 with Ricky Bobby at the 3 piece dock stop every day for the last 3 days (15 minutes at the stop). Time Card adjusted and justified.

We had a FT driver who was recently fired for an unexplained collective gap in time in excess of 45 minutes over the course of a week. He has since been brought back.

UPSjedi41

It is my understanding if you work in a bonus center and punch in late you are not eligible for bonus that day. That would not be a big enough reason to change your start time without permission.

upschuck

I saw a couple of management people sent packing for "adjusting" time cards. If you could talk to them today I'm sure they would tell you it isn't worth it.

A couple? I've seen 5 in the last 15 yrs get the walk of shame from messing with the numbers. Like telling a kid not to touch that hot stove. And it's always the Hitler wannabe types that get caught the fastest.
From my experience, they have been a lot happier after they left.

upschuck

It is my understanding if you work in a bonus center and punch in late you are not eligible for bonus that day. That would not be a big enough reason to change your start time without permission.
Our center grieved that years ago and won. One has nothing to do with the other.
When I first started driving, I 05 my timecard for some reason, ran bonus, wasn't paid for it, asked about it, and had an adjustment the next week. Even the Division Manager said if I earned it, I should get it. Times are different nowadays.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I didn't realize you've ever watched me do my job.

53669497.jpg

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
From my experience, they have been a lot happier after they left.
No kidding. A couple of them still try to stay in touch after getting fired. It's hard to trust them even though they act like a different person afterwards. I guess the number chasing games can make anybody bitter and hateful.