Good? Friday

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Bad day in our center, just like all the other working holidays. Someone (we never know who this someone is) made the decision to randomly select companies and sheet their packages - CLOSED HOLIDAY - and load them into a trailer for redelivery on Monday. All day long, complaints, "WHO TOLD UPS WE WERE CLOSED - THIS IS PAYROLL"? it happens every working holiday - you'd think someone would of learned from the past. But there must be some reason they want to take the chance that someone won't complain....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Did you ever work 11 hours on good friday? I didn't think so. Anyway, I was done in under 9 and quite shocked.

I wasn't done in under 9 yesterday. :biting: My day was looking great until about 3:30. Had about 25 resi stops left and the final at the UPS store. I should have been back to the ctr by 6pm. Then I got the ODS................................. I had to go take stops off another rte. I didn't get done until after 8pm. :madashell:

bumped

It was a nice day. I felt like I was an Express driver. I delivered in the morning to all the businesses which were open, and took it easy in the afternoon for the pickups. Technically, the customers weren't closed in the afternoon. There was an office person or two there, so little to no packages went out. I had to make sure I stayed in my 15 minute window also, because that seems to be a big deal. I was out 10.5 hours and it was a nice day. Friday is no different than a Wednesday. I'm not killing myself to get in because it is Friday.

Overpaid Union Thug

It was a disaster here like always. I clocked out around 7:30 and wasn't the last one in. The bonus babies all came in earlier than everyone else despite going out with 10+ hour days. And people wonder why UPS does this to us year after year. With that said......I don't mind it once in a while now that we have extra daylight but I just wish is wasn't on a day when the rest of the work force is getting an early start to their weekend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were asked to submit our closed list by Thursday. I had only one CLO H--it was a NDA for a business that I knew was closed but wanted to make sure no one was there waiting for it. 130 stops and I had a lot of Brown Cafe time that afternoon.:wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We were asked to submit our closed list by Thursday. I had only one CLO H--it was a NDA for a business that I knew was closed but wanted to make sure no one was there waiting for it. 130 stops and I had a lot of Brown Cafe time that afternoon.:wink2:

You did better than I did. 148 stops.

Brownnblue

Triple whammy for me; usual poor planning on a holiday, last day before vacation, and my loader was out on vacation. My days of rushing to make services are over! That said, I did make ten.

browndevil

Typical Holiday BS! Breaking down routes because some "genius" in IE says so. I am 30 over, my neighbor driver is 50 over. Hmmm add that together and you have 3/4 of a route you just cut

satellitedriver

So in sups case its possible that he was sincerely saying that he was cutting less and taking care of his people and that they took care of him in return. thus the win/win comment.
Slicing the baloney a little too thin, tie.
This "Good" Friday, as every Friday, I was nailed to the cross, of stops per car.
I was not even offered any vinegar, to quench my thirst.
Even the Romans had to play a numbers game that day 2010yrs ago, to satisfy the Sanhedrin Council.
3 died, 1 was set free.
Heck,
They only had three crosses, so an executive decision was made that day.
Win/win for the Romans, win/win for the Jewish Council.

Then,
Monday came.
One dead man changed the game.

The Roman Empire no longer exists.
The Sanhedrin was disbanded, by the Roman Empire.
One dead mans name is still spoken daily and has influenced this world for 2000yrs.

I can only hope that the Corporate Monitors will take heed of my allegory.

Come Monday,
I will rise and shine,
because it will be a beautiful day in Texas.