Good Grief

hypo hanna

That's understandable. No one wants to be lumped in with the evil that is upper mgmt. btw, I wouldn't sweat the "memphoid" thing too much. I have heard a whole lot worse over the years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's good to know. But reading through some of the posts, they are referring to salaried Memphis employees. Most of salaried Memphis employees are not management. Calling us lazy cubicle dwelling memphoids (still haven't figured out what that is), you can't expect me not to go on the defensive.

A Memphoid (Memphis +rhoid, as in Preparation H) is a salaried cubicle-bound engineer or manager that has never been in the field or touched a package. Unfortunately, they are running the asylum right now, with predictable results.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A Memphoid (Memphis +rhoid, as in Preparation H) is a salaried cubicle-bound engineer or manager that has never been in the field or touched a package. Unfortunately, they are running the asylum right now, with predictable results.

People sitting in cubes don't run anything or make real decisions.
The people who are running things are in FWOs (Fixed Walled Offices).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At least you're honest. Sounds like you can hide-out.

No hiding out ... I'm usually working on a cross-functional team of 15 - 20 people with meetings and calls 5-6 hours a day.

Decisions are made by consensus although I have to make sure these decisions are sound, within scope of the authorized effort and we get things done on schedule.

over9five

Staff member
No hiding out ... I'm usually working on a cross-functional team of 15 - 20 people with meetings and calls 5-6 hours a day.

Decisions are made by consensus although I have to make sure these decisions are sound, within scope of the authorized effort and we get things done on schedule.
Deja vu

Manager Wants Buyout

Good Grief has a right to love her job. However, people have the right to complain. See, we used to think we had jobs and careers and actually worked for a company that gave a damn about it's employees. That is all nonsense. My feeling is that if you think it's alright for the company to announce buyouts because things are so horrible one day and to reward Uncle Fred with 14MM the next because things are so great, you are a sheep or you are satified with being marginalized for corporate profits. If you don't like it, leave- I agree. I will when the time is right for me but I'm not just going to make it easy on them. If they cut your hours by 20% and you couldn't afford to pay your bills, it's a problem. As a manager I don't have this problem but it makes me sick to see struggling people suffer. From what I've seen, this company has no integrity above the field manager level.

Goldilocks

Do you guys think the SAL positions will be eliminated? Just curious. Also, with DRA moving in soon its going to create more sort positions, meaning package insertions for Docs and Box freight. On Saturday alone we get around 20 insertions that must be processed before the sort goes down...Its going to take more people on the sort to handle this. Our station has about 9000 inbound and on Saturday we get around 700, its a very slow process. Your thoughts please...

thedownhillEXPRESS

Everyone is going to be getting an "insertion" soon, its called the "October surprise"....
Once xs and e2 are eliminated the sort times will be halved, meaning less hours in the AM.
Sure, a few lucky swing drivers may get around the same hours they get now via ROADS, but for the rest of us, bend over.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Everyone is going to be getting an "insertion" soon, its called the "October surprise"....
Once xs and e2 are eliminated the sort times will be halved, meaning less hours in the AM.
Sure, a few lucky swing drivers may get around the same hours they get now via ROADS, but for the rest of us, bend over.

Exactly...grease up. I can totally see the SAL position being eliminated. Ours usually spends most of her day on Facebook, and doesn't really do very much. CSA's are having their hours slashed, with some of their functions being dropped onto the dispatchers. Hours cuts all around, courtesy of the world's best boss....C. Montgomery Burns.

bigbird00

Good grief,Why are all the express drivers unhappy? Da! if you have been around the PSP philosophy for less than 10 years you wouldnt know that 10 years ago we made ups money and the ins. was the cadilac of ins.The only reason most of my coworkers are still here is the vacation.Where you gonna replace 5 to 6 weeks vaca.Psp meant something then,its all about the bottom line and the share holders now.In Oct. things are gonna change more.That 35 hour weekly minimum may go away and the pressure to do more in less time is gonna be bigger and the olcc's turn into warning letters and three warning letters in one year is termination.They need to cut help to pay the exectitives.The buyout is for non opirationals.Clear the fog thats in front of your face and get the big picture.

snackdad

Exactly...grease up. I can totally see the SAL position being eliminated. Ours usually spends most of her day on Facebook, and doesn't really do very much. CSA's are having their hours slashed, with some of their functions being dropped onto the dispatchers. Hours cuts all around, courtesy of the world's best boss....C. Montgomery Burns.

Haha, our SAL spends half her day on Facebook also. The other 40% downloading movies and music. Or at least she used to. Her hours have been cut drastically lately. She is now getting only 20 hours and is shopping to find a new job. Upside is when she leaves she will take her spiteful negativity with her and all her personal drama pasted all over the walls of the station. She was the biggest source of rumor in the station and was protected by her manager buddies that share in her proclivity for same sex relationships. Great to see her go, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Also in my station currently the dispatch positions are being moved 20 miles away to a more centralized facility. So now if they want to keep their jobs our dispatchers must drive a 40 mile commute instead of their old 20 mile commute. Makes you have to make some hard decisions about quality of life issues.
FedEx cares so little about the impact on real people's lives. You are as good as your last delivery. Never forget that.

GoodGrief

Good grief,Why are all the express drivers unhappy? Da! if you have been around the PSP philosophy for less than 10 years you wouldnt know that 10 years ago we made ups money and the ins. was the cadilac of ins.The only reason most of my coworkers are still here is the vacation.Where you gonna replace 5 to 6 weeks vaca.Psp meant something then,its all about the bottom line and the share holders now.In Oct. things are gonna change more.That 35 hour weekly minimum may go away and the pressure to do more in less time is gonna be bigger and the olcc's turn into warning letters and three warning letters in one year is termination.They need to cut help to pay the exectitives.The buyout is for non opirationals.Clear the fog thats in front of your face and get the big picture.

I have been around a lot longer than 10 years, so I do know. Like I said before, it's not what it used to be, but FedEx is still one of the better companies to work for. Grass is not always greener...........