Good Lord

vantexan

Why? So yo can try and swiftboat me? Donald Trump, Dick Cheney, Ted Nugent, Mitt Romney, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly All Draft dodgers, so called Patriots.

But did you serve or are you an armchair warrior? I served in the Air Force before joining FedEx at the tender age of 24. Yeah, Bush got into the country club military. But that's to be expected. You mentioned Swift Boating which was calling out John Kerry on his claims. Another Democrat who lied to advance his career. And then there was Clinton in London protesting the war. Don't forget to add him to your list.

Lordtekk

But did you serve or are you an armchair warrior? I served in the Air Force before joining FedEx at the tender age of 24. Yeah, Bush got into the country club military. But that's to be expected. You mentioned Swift Boating which was calling out John Kerry on his claims. Another Democrat who lied to advance his career. And then there was Clinton in London protesting the war. Don't forget to add him to your list.
I would have protested that war if I were old enough,I seem to remember we lost that war. I don't have the figures but a lot of Americans and innocent Vietnamese died. For What ? The Red Menace. Funny thing is they are still Communist and if you look at some of the products in your home they are made there. Just like China. Cheap labor trumps wars. If Iran offered cheap labor how fast would all the Patriotic Corporations move their production there ? As far as Kerry goes,he was a hero,he saw action and served honorably. For other serviceman to lie about it shows they have no honor. Honor is what servicemen have and they violated the code with their lies,which by the way were all proven to be false. It was an unjust war and we lost.

Hey Van have a great Thanksgiving,I can honestly say I enjoy our banter.

vantexan

I would have protested that war if I were old enough,I seem to remember we lost that war. I don't have the figures but a lot of Americans and innocent Vietnamese died. For What ? The Red Menace. Funny thing is they are still Communist and if you look at some of the products in your home they are made there. Just like China. Cheap labor trumps wars. If Iran offered cheap labor how fast would all the Patriotic Corporations move their production there ? As far as Kerry goes,he was a hero,he saw action and served honorably. For other serviceman to lie about it shows they have no honor. Honor is what servicemen have and they violated the code with their lies,which by the way were all proven to be false. It was an unjust war and we lost.

Hey Van have a great Thanksgiving,I can honestly say I enjoy our banter.

You too, and maybe some day you'll tell me how you know he told the truth and they lied!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
All hail king Dano, defender of the rich , white, republican. They need more people like you next election. You can crucify the average hard working American all you want. But we built this country are the backbone of it and far outnumber you and your ilk . You found that out 4 years ago and again this election. So keep belittling us, we love it. Just fires us up more.

When you can keep up with a discussion of the facts, feel free to chime in!

59 Dano

Obviously you didn't get what I was saying. If unions did not exist wages and benefits across the board would be low. They have fought for wages, benefits, and better working conditions which have benefited everyone union or not.

There's also the relevant market forces in play. For one, labor markets aren't as monopsonistic as they were decades ago and employers in recent years are having to compete more and more for employees. Two, workers are increasingly more educated and offer more as a result of those capital investments they've made in themselves...

But if the pamphlet says that it's all attributable to unions, then I guess none of the rest is true.

59 Dano

I guess you are just smarter than everyone that doesn't agree with you or you are just trying to over compensate for something that you are lacking. You are a sore loser just like your candidate. Keep the bull**** going. I enjoy reading the propaganda that you spew . It obviously didn't work buddy.

Actually, I find it easier to look up the facts instead of making them up. That's why I do what I can to respond with that which can be verified, and your responses consist largely of, "DERP, my side got more votes!"

59 Dano

Violating 17 UN resolutions, said he had WMD, had the entire world thinking he did and...only one nation and it's pathetic "coalition of the willing" decided it just had to invade.

It illustrates how dumb it is for a middle eastern nutjob to break the rules and try to bluff the rest of the world. It can be fatal.

59 Dano

Can't agree more! Not only was this a retaliation for the Kuwait plot, it was a chance for Cheney and his war profiteering buddies to make mountains of cash off the dead bodies of US Soldiers. What do you expect from two draft dodgers, Bush/Cheney?

Just because you use the reasoning of a simpleton doesn't mean that the rest of the world does, too.

59 Dano

In which branch of the Armed Forces did you serve?

It is possible that he served with the American Armchair General Amateur Pundit Forces and is member of the Imaginary Board of Directors for All Corporations of America. They meet weekly at a bar during happy hour.

59 Dano

I would have protested that war if I were old enough,I seem to remember we lost that war. I don't have the figures but a lot of Americans and innocent Vietnamese died. For What ? The Red Menace. Funny thing is they are still Communist and if you look at some of the products in your home they are made there. Just like China. Cheap labor trumps wars. If Iran offered cheap labor how fast would all the Patriotic Corporations move their production there ?

It depends on how cheap the labor is for the quality that they produce.

Something that people like you who gripe about profit don't realize is that peace and stability come with steady trade. China is the big bad guy of choice for confused xenophobic attitudes such as yours, with all your silliness about "Durn ferriners!" China learned that it would be a lot better off opening up its economic policies and allowing people to make a few bucks as opposed to adhering to Mao era communism and killing all the dissidents.

China, for the love of money, stopped killing off its citizens and let them finally make money instead of paying them with beatings and murder. I would expect that those of you with a humanitarian bent would appreciate that. Not only are they not being killed by the thousands like they were in the past, their government has an interest in seeing that they get a decent education and decent marketable skills. That's in stark contrast to the way they did things 35 years ago.

I have no gripe with the Chinese and I certainly don't wish upon them the fate that they were subject to not all that long ago.

TUT

Something that people like you who gripe about profit don't realize is that peace and stability come with steady trade. China is the big bad guy of choice for confused xenophobic attitudes such as yours,

A free country is trying to compete wage wise with a country that basically shackles their own for what would be known here as slave wages. We fought this war a hundred and fifty years ago. Now owners are leveraging the two against each other on a worker level. It's not fair, not right, not what we fought for with blood, nothing voters ever voted on, etc. We are capitalists only on the owner end now. In china it's communist on the worker end, and that is a bit unfair to communism, it's basically bordering on slavery. Slavery actually has it's own set of issues, for example like having a prisoner, when the gov't takes them into their custody, they now have responsibilities (costs) to make sure they have proper conditions and those are challenged in court non-stop at the cost of billions. Where if you can give someone just enough money for food (shelter - many Chinese live in the plants) to then have them take responsibility for survival, then your hands are washed free of any oops's.

I do agree, trade is important for peace. But then again if we did less, who's really invading us? Come on man.

DontThrowPackages

Something that people like you who gripe about profit don't realize is that peace and stability come with steady trade. China is the big bad guy of choice for confused xenophobic attitudes such as yours, with all your silliness about "Durn ferriners!" China learned that it would be a lot better off opening up its economic policies and allowing people to make a few bucks as opposed to adhering to Mao era communism and killing all the dissidents.

China, for the love of money, stopped killing off its citizens and let them finally make money instead of paying them with beatings and murder. I would expect that those of you with a humanitarian bent would appreciate that. Not only are they not being killed by the thousands like they were in the past, their government has an interest in seeing that they get a decent education and decent marketable skills. That's in stark contrast to the way they did things 35 years ago.

I have no gripe with the Chinese and I certainly don't wish upon them the fate that they were subject to not all that long ago.
You can argue the same for Cuba yet the US chooses to maintain their embargo on the country. Why?

DontThrowPackages

It is possible that he served with the American Armchair General Amateur Pundit Forces and is member of the Imaginary Board of Directors for All Corporations of America. They meet weekly at a bar during happy hour.
Service is a prerequisite for poor southerns. You seem to know a lot about Happy hour...

vantexan

You can argue the same for Cuba yet the US chooses to maintain their embargo on the country. Why?

It may be time to ease into normal relations with Cuba but, don't know how old you are, there was a time when Cuba was sending troops into various countries to assist Marxist movements and don't forget their part in trying to obtain missiles from the Soviets. It hasn't just been about our not liking their politics, they were very proactive in exporting their revolution.

vantexan

A free country is trying to compete wage wise with a country that basically shackles their own for what would be known here as slave wages. We fought this war a hundred and fifty years ago. Now owners are leveraging the two against each other on a worker level. It's not fair, not right, not what we fought for with blood, nothing voters ever voted on, etc. We are capitalists only on the owner end now. In china it's communist on the worker end, and that is a bit unfair to communism, it's basically bordering on slavery. Slavery actually has it's own set of issues, for example like having a prisoner, when the gov't takes them into their custody, they now have responsibilities (costs) to make sure they have proper conditions and those are challenged in court non-stop at the cost of billions. Where if you can give someone just enough money for food (shelter - many Chinese live in the plants) to then have them take responsibility for survival, then your hands are washed free of any oops's.

I do agree, trade is important for peace. But then again if we did less, who's really invading us? Come on man.

In spite of China's development more than half of them live in dire poverty. You can't blame them for becoming the world's manufacturer, they want a better life and have the world's largest source of cheap labor. Communism was supposed to make everyone equal with a decent life for all. Didn't work out that way. Capitalism with all it's warts has greatly improved that country. There's unfortunately no easy way to provide for all of us. Somebody's gain will probably result in someone else's loss. We remember a more equitable time in the States but competition and yes, greed, have changed the future forever. The only thing that I can say is get good training in something there's a demand for, be flexible in changing conditions, be willing to go where there's opportunity, and hope our leaders, whatever party, don't screw things up so badly it may not matter for a long time what we do as there's not much that can be done. If one insists on living in his hometown and economic opportunities dry up, you'll have to take what you can get and that means too often working for others who are even more determined to do well than you are, and usually at your expense. It's true, life is hard and then you die.

Lordtekk

:sleeping2: