Good Riddance

Ghostwriter

After 11 long hard years at FedEx, I have found a great career opportunity, elsewhere. I will leave with my head up high and full of pride. Looking back from my humble beginnings as: a casual handler, to a part-time courier (while obtaining my Assoc.), then a full-time courier- I have been in the blue-collar trenches. I have seen many people come and go, never ending changes, as well as my fair share of "FUN" peaks. I must say that I always did my best. I am grateful for the purpose FedEx has served through the years, however I don't like the direction or the path ahead. My best wishes to all of you, (especially the mid-range couriers). I really do wish that someday PEOPLE will come first (again). I hope all of you that work hard everyday will reach top-out soon.I will continue to post (here and there).BEST WISHES -------RTE CLEAR... SIGNING OFF.......

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
After 11 long hard years at FedEx, I have found a great career opportunity, elsewhere. I will leave with my head up high and full of pride. Looking back from my humble beginnings as: a casual handler, to a part-time courier (while obtaining my Assoc.), then a full-time courier- I have been in the blue-collar trenches. I have seen many people come and go, never ending changes, as well as my fair share of "FUN" peaks. I must say that I always did my best. I am grateful for the purpose FedEx has served through the years, however I don't like the direction or the path ahead. My best wishes to all of you, (especially the mid-range couriers). I really do wish that someday PEOPLE will come first (again). I hope all of you that work hard everyday will reach top-out soon.I will continue to post (here and there).BEST WISHES -------RTE CLEAR... SIGNING OFF.......

Congratulations on your new career. I, for one, appreciate your intelligent and thoughtful posts. Hopefully, there will be many of us joining you in the near future.

Ghostwriter

Thank you for the compliment MrFedex. All that time I was lurking, I found that your posts were intelligent and informative, as well. I found that I could identify with most of your posts. DS- My new job is of the government side of things. This is all I can disclose at this time. Thank you both for responding to my thread. I will post more later.

vantexan

Hey amigo, bit of a shock! Ghostwriter is a coworker and one of the very few I've known at my station who you could always have a great conversation with. Good luck and congrats, you deserve it, especially after dealing with T.P. all those years!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Congrats on your new career Ghostwriter. The best promotion at FedEx is always one out the door to a new job somewhere else. All the best!

Ghostwriter

Thank You All Very Much. The thing that I hate (on my way out the door) is that real dedicated and hard-working employees are not going to measure up (anymore). I wish I could start a million dollar company and have half of the great employees like FedEx does. Actually, a more simple wish would be: for "them" to see what a great work-force they have on the front line. Above all remember to set yourself a pace (that is safe), Your safety is always more important that any numbers on a report. Do your best and that is all you can do. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST! I HOPE ALL OF YOU TOP OUT SOON. I will keep posting from time to time.

franknitty

Congrats sir ! I envy you, because you were not one of these Fedex employess think I that there is no life outside of Fedex ! I wish you the best of luck in your new career, and I hope to follow in your footsteps in departing from this company one day, or at least get the hades out of my station ! Take care !