Goodbye UPS

ManInBrown

Don’t leave, peak is a challenge but it’s so rewarding… we will hire more hourly employees we promise… also, it’s kinda fun watching things implode 😊
There was no greater joy I had in package, then bringing back 100 missed at peak, and walking passed my center manager and on car on my way out the door, as they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. Always got a kick out of that.

There was no greater joy I had in package, then bringing back 100 missed at peak, and walking passed my center manager and on car on my way out the door, as they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. Always got a kick out of that.
Maybe is much pleasure gives you to stick it to management on the other hand I have a conscience and I still want to make service to my customers

Back From Break
Maybe is much pleasure gives you to stick it to management on the other hand I have a conscience and I still want to make service to my customers

I totally agree.

All these people that say stick it to management. Make them pay. I would love to see it implode. Burn it to the ground. I hope it's the worst peak ever.

Well, UPS management doesn't pay, the customer does. I will go out of my way to service the customer despite UPS.

I totally agree.

All these people that say stick it to management. Make them pay. I would love to see it implode. Burn it to the ground. I hope it's the worst peak ever.

Well, UPS management doesn't pay, the customer does. I will go out of my way to service the customer despite UPS.
A little bit of old school. As much as somebody gets on my nerves sometimes I am still paid well to do a job and my customers have treated me very well over the years

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I totally agree.

Settle down

Do you have something lined up?
Good luck whatever you do!
I'm going back to my previous full-time job, I gave plenty of notice and left on great terms back in 2019. It'll also be nice having the same start and end times again. The wage increase will more than offset the increased insurance cost.

I only took this job originally because it was "part-time" with insurance. With the amount of hours I work on preload during non-peak I figured I might as well just go back to full-time again.

Also, half these responses are completely ridiculous, which is why I love reading this forum... Thanks for the laffs guys.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well, it's been a blast lurking here the past couple years, I finally decided to sign up and now I'm headed out. Another Peak is upon us and after being short staffed ALL summer long, and having already having an extra trailer of volume every day the last 2 weeks we still haven't hired ANY new seasonal workers and my manager doesn't know anything about when we'll be getting any. We had 3 down to start in the last 3 weeks but none of them made it a full week if they showed up at all.

I just put in my final notice, November 24th, 2021. Their insurance isn't worth it.
WHAT WILL WE DO NOW?

Seriously, maybe you can make it as a driver? @MECH-lift , what do you think?

Why in the world are you concerned about staffing? You’re one person. Do your job in a safe and most effective as possible manner. Staffing has nothing to do with you. You shouldn’t be doing one more extra bit of work regardless of if you’re the only employee who showed up, or they send 30 people home because they have too many preloaders. That’s their problem to figure out, not yours.

We had 35 feeder drivers call off yesterday, combined with the Sun-Thur drivers that weren’t working. Do you think I worked 14 hours to be a hero and pick up the slack? Absolutely not. I walked out the door after working 8.25 hours. Staffing isn’t your problem.
Ah yes,
WHAT WILL WE DO NOW?

Seriously, maybe you can make it as a driver? @MECH-lift , what do you think?

The part-time job is meant to be a stepping stone going into a full-time driving job and making some real money

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
proxy-image.jpg

Poop Head

Judge me.
Well, it's been a blast lurking here the past couple years, I finally decided to sign up and now I'm headed out. Another Peak is upon us and after being short staffed ALL summer long, and having already having an extra trailer of volume every day the last 2 weeks we still haven't hired ANY new seasonal workers and my manager doesn't know anything about when we'll be getting any. We had 3 down to start in the last 3 weeks but none of them made it a full week if they showed up at all.

I just put in my final notice, November 24th, 2021. Their insurance isn't worth it.
Thank you for your service.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

I’m currently looking for other options as well. I get called upon to help every Tom, dick and Harry. But yesterday I was out till 830 to come back and realize literally everybody was clocked out by 630. UPS is a bull:censored2: job for robots who have no other skill. I will 100% go out on route and abandon the route at my first stop and throw the keys as far as I can when I get something else lined up. No notice. No :censored2:s given. Fah-Q UPS

What'dyabringmetoday???

I’m currently looking for other options as well. I get called upon to help every Tom, dick and Harry. But yesterday I was out till 830 to come back and realize literally everybody was clocked out by 630. UPS is a bull:censored2: job for robots who have no other skill. I will 100% go out on route and abandon the route at my first stop and throw the keys as far as I can when I get something else lined up. No notice. No :censored2:s given. Fah-Q UPS
Drive as far from the building until fuel tank is empty.