GOP leader Eric Cantor loses in shock Tea Party defeat

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Correct. Someone even more conservative than Cantor won. Dems need to be careful what they wish for.
The Tea Party has so much infighting and are so good at alienating members of their own party it WILL be a weakening of the Republican Party

oldngray

nowhere special
The Tea Party has so much infighting and are so good at alienating members of their own party it WILL be a weakening of the Republican Party

The Tea Party is not a party which is why there is division. Its just an umbrella term for people who were initially just fiscal conservatives but were joined by others who were more about opposing the entrenched politicians (of both Republicans and Democrats) and have altered the focus of what the Tea Party really represents.

oldngray

nowhere special
hey just for kicks and giggles,why has Fox News stopped reporting on the Tea Party Cop Killers in Vegas?

Who said they were Tea Party? Libertarian if they were anything but they weren't allied with any political group. It was just a couple of crazy meth heads.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Who said they were Tea Party? Libertarian if they were anything but they weren't allied with any political group. It was just a couple of crazy meth heads.
no, they were very much anti government Tea Party Activists. they supported such Tea Party orgininazations as Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks and draped flags associated with the Tea Party onm the bodies of the officers they killed , I find it funny that Fox News bleats on and on and on about Benghazi,Bergdahl etc. while bypassing this story on home grown terrorists. I'm guessing it was because they were white christian folk that supported the Tea Party and who bypassed laws to get weapons . cant have A whiff of gun control on Fox News lol

moreluck

golden ticket member
no, they were very much anti government Tea Party Activists. they supported such Tea Party orgininazations as Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks and draped flags associated with the Tea Party onm the bodies of the officers they killed , I find it funny that Fox News bleats on and on and on about Benghazi,Bergdahl etc. while bypassing this story on home grown terrorists. I'm guessing it was because they were white christian folk that supported the Tea Party and who bypassed laws to get weapons . cant have A whiff of gun control on Fox News lol
Delusional.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It's easy to see their editorial prejudices, but there was little to nothing on the Las Vegas Tea Party massacre. Ordinarily, Fox, or any news operation, would grasp dearly to a story that had the emotional punch of police officers murdered in an ambush. It has the drama of a horrific crime and the sympathy reserved for a community's fallen heroes. For fox to forgo all of that makes it clear that they are afraid of their own audience. They are not going to risk upsetting them with a story that indicts their most closely held principles. And Fox is surely not going to indulge in a story that contradicts everything they have stood for over the last seventeen years.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Have you watched Fox to know what they broadcast? I haven't but you must be one of their most devoted viewers.
I subscribe to the shakespearean belief of Know Thine Enemy ,so yes i do keep my tv on Fox news quite a bit at home. it provides insight,hilarity,disbelief and disgust all at the same time

brett636

Rand Paul is not Ron Paul. You can call it a victory if you want.... I'm done with the republican party, they are a lost cause. I'll say it again in case you didn't hear, THERE IS NO "TEA PARTY", they're just republicans with a new ad campaign. Same as it ever was.

I think you have it backwards, the Republican establishment wished there was no tea party within its ranks. They have been fighting secretly in the background to undermine tea party candidates everywhere they arise, and even have been quoted saying they would like to "punch those tea party bullies in the nose". Tea party candidates don't get the same monetary support from the establishment as non tea party candidates even when promised that they would, and in some cases establishment candidates have taken a scorched earth approach to tea party primary victories by attempting to split the vote in the republican ranks to help the democrat win. The tea party itself is the antithesis to the gravity produced by the the status quo in washington, and behind the scenes there is a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth in republican establishment offices today over this win.

brett636

Let me guess, you are an MSNBC watcher.

I'm not sure if it really matters what he watches. Its apparent his political ideals are based on emotions and not logic which is why he is wrong on so many issues. If he had any political sense what so ever he would know that the primary directive of tea party based candidates is the desire for a fiscally sound government which is something we do not have right now. When considering our current fiscal path it makes all the other issues he mentioned irrelevant as none of it will matter when those chickens come home to roost.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
When considering our current fiscal path it makes all the other issues he mentioned irrelevant as none of it will matter when those chickens come home to roost.
The DOW is higher than it has EVER been, i'm danged sure hoping we keep our "current fiscal path"!!!!!

MAKAVELI

I subscribe to the shakespearean belief of Know Thine Enemy ,so yes i do keep my tv on Fox news quite a bit at home. it provides insight,hilarity,disbelief and disgust all at the same time
Faux News is definitely good for a laugh. Especially after a hard days work.