Got a message today. 3rd in stops & 7th in packages nationwide yesterday!

PPH_over_9000

Surely you saw the smile face?

Oh yeah, I'm not mad at you or anything, dude. I know you do a little trolling because you've been trolled yourself to hell and back before.

I just couldn't see how what you said could apply at all, and that was probably the joke that whooshed over my head.

Sign the feeder list and put an end to crap

I've thought about doing that, but honestly I don't think it's for me. I know that we're professional drivers and all, but my favorite days are the ones where I'm in and out of the truck over and over. I can't stand the routes where it's 5-12mi from one stop to the next, and I don't know what traffic's like everywhere else but it's nuts out here around the DC metro area (my center doesn't service the city, though, thank God.) The "rural"/country areas are better in that regard, but considering they're mostly bedroom communities it doesn't matter where you are when rush hour starts.

They put me in a moose once and it felt like a waking nightmare. I don't think I'm meant to drive anything bigger than a package car, man, it feels like I'm in panic-mode all day. Maybe if they had rearview cameras, but without that and without a spotter I felt like I was gonna hit something every time I tried to line those big ass trailers up to a loading dock.

Last edited:

Tanktoptony

....for what, though? I get that you're trying to develop a persona here but a PVD won't help me with anything other than finishing an individual day more quickly.

And I still stand by my earlier statement: I'm all for that most of the time. With that in mind, though, I've only worked with two PVDs so far this "peak," and I've managed to keep a helper off my package car the entire time.

They've thrown me some curveballs as a result of my helper refusal but it's all good. They'll cut the bull:censored2:, never-ending sweep route I've been put on for the rest of peak almost immediately once we lose our seasonals and PVDs.
Sign the feeder list and put an end to
22.4s can't sign the feeder list in some places.
My area you can we just had several pass feeder school and are done with package

JustDeliverIt

But in my center they bid 22.4s and RPCD vacations separately (they just started doing it this year, though, made a huge deal of it at a PCM back in November.)

That is the first time I’ve heard of that. Do many of your 22.4’s work inside the building? Here, they only drive so they tack their vacations on after ours and end up with what’s left anyways. Congrats on getting what you want.

With that said, I still say take the leap. The longer you push it off the more people pass you on the RPCD list. At some point your going to have to make the jump, always better sooner than later IMO.

PPH_over_9000

That is the first time I’ve heard of that. Do many of your 22.4’s work inside the building? Here, they only drive so they tack their vacations on after ours and end up with what’s left anyways. Congrats on getting what you want.

With that said, I still say take the leap. The longer you push it off the more people pass you on the RPCD list. At some point your going to have to make the jump, always better sooner than later IMO.

I don't think any of us have worked inside for about a year now. In recent memory, it's either driving full-time or you take a dead day. Hidden third option: get sent to another center/hub, typically somewhere in Virginia, Baltimore or the center that services DC.

Almost all of us openly rebel against getting sent to other centers because we seem to get screwed over with their heavier routes, and because we take a truck from our center to theirs after start time we usually won't even get to our trucks until about 11am.

I did work inside for a month this past year, but it was a TAW situation... and THAT was weird because one would assume, as a 22.4 driver, working inside should fall under the purview of my position and not be considered TAW.

But yeah, it definitely seems like things run a little differently at my building. I don't really have too many complaints, though.