Got a pay increase this week

21Savage

2nd year RPCD currently at $23. Checked time card viewer last night and realized I have been getting paid $3 more than my current rate all week. Checked with other 2nd year RPCD'S and they all jumped to the same rate ($26) as well. I'm not complaining obviosuly, just curious as to why the jump now, and what to expect at my actual scheduled pay increase date which is in January and how pay progression will go from here on out. Was supposed to only get $1 more on the next increase(24 months)

Last edited:

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
2nd year RPCD currently at $23. Checked time card viewer last night and realized I have been getting paid $3 more than my current rate all week. Checked with other 2nd year RPCD'S and they all jumped to the same rate ($26) as well. I'm not complaining obviosuly, just curious as to why the jump now, and what to expect at my actual scheduled pay increase date which is in January and how pay progression will go from here on out. Was supposed to only get $1 more on the next increase(24 months)
The only thing I can think of is that they had to pay 26 dollars an hour to attract casual drivers for peak and they had to pay the same rate to you guys.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
MRA

21Savage

The only thing I can think of is that they had to pay 26 dollars an hour to attract casual drivers for peak and they had to pay the same rate to you guys.
Why would they have to pay qualified RPCD's in their 2nd and 3rd year of progression more to attract casual/seasonal drivers?

Yolo

We've had multiple drivers in progression quit. 6 days a week. 60 hours a week. Year round. People are finding opportunities elsewhere that allow them to see their children.

Heavy Package

We've had multiple drivers in progression quit. 6 days a week. 60 hours a week. Year round. People are finding opportunities elsewhere that allow them to see their children.

The unforeseen consequences of 22.4 language are now becoming a reality. Here's another issue we are having - 22.4 start out in the low $20's. The hub now starts at the low $20's with OT after 5 hours. Guys are quitting driving and staying in the hub making more money, more regular hours, and not the BS of driving.

Also, UPS has made package driving such a miserable experience that many, many good drivers have exit plans after seeing what is going on particularly the past 2 years.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Why would they have to pay qualified RPCD's in their 2nd and 3rd year of progression more to attract casual/seasonal drivers?
Let me give you an example of what I meant . In local 177 on the feeders side , we have guys in progression making let’s say 25 dollars an hour.

They are hiring casuals now and are paying 36 an hour in order to attract and retain(at least for a few months) such casuals.

As long as a feeder casual is making 36 an hour, then any rank and file feeder driver in progression makes 36 an hour.

Does that make it clearer?

And I’m not saying this is necessarily going on with the Original Poster but it is the only thing that I can think of.

21Savage

So I went into work today for a few hours and the 22.4's all got bumped up to 26 too! That's bs. So a guy who just qualified makes as much as me now? That's not right.