Got hit with a new dress code.

PeterPan

About a few months ago we got hit with a new dress code policy where we can't where any sleeveless shirts or we would get sent home. It was cold when they so called implemented this so I didn't really bother. Now that it is damn near 100 plus I was wondering if this policy was affecting everyone's hub or somebody decided they wanted to flex some power.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
No such policy here.

We have some women with tops so short their bra is sticking out & a bad case of camel toe on the bottom (before anybody gets excited... they're grandmas w/bodies that resemble those of a meth addict). Some guys dress just as bad -- mesh wife beater, pants so tight their junk appears ready to come out. They'll sometimes remind us to wear work appropriate clothing.... but alas, in 16+ years nothing's changed.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
About a few months ago we got hit with a new dress code policy where we can't where any sleeveless shirts or we would get sent home. It was cold when they so called implemented this so I didn't really bother. Now that it is damn near 100 plus I was wondering if this policy was affecting everyone's hub or somebody decided they wanted to flex some power.
Yea, I'm pretty sure we have that here as well. I remember them giving me :censored2: when I wore a cut off shirt. They never really enforced it that heavily though, mostly just the wife beaters. :censored2: em, suns out guns out.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Yeah they blame our change on it being a safety hazard not to wear sleeves
When I was in the hub, we had to wear hard toes shoes for safety. Yet one night while loading a trailer the driver hooked up while a was loading the bottom floor and the second floor flap fell on my head. Had to go to clinic. I don't know why they never issued us helmets for this safety issue. I'm still not right. Could be old age at this point though.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

This always pops up when someone abuses the "lax" dress code inside and wears something borderline obscene; ie. ass cheeks exposed, slashed up t-shirts showing too much skin, nipples, etc.

That being said, they're not going to tell people what to wear (within reason) when it's 100 degrees in the shade. I'd wear the sleeveless shirt (not a "wife beater"/undershirt) just to get the day off and file for my 3.5 hours. Spoiler Alert: they won't actually send you home.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Everything's a flavor of the month.....but no one seems to care what we wear. I was told a month ago...oh you can only wear one earphone in your ear. Really? In 9 years, I've never been told that before. They crawled up my ass about it for a few weeks, and now they don't say a word about it anymore.

oldngray

nowhere special
Everything's a flavor of the month.....but no one seems to care what we wear. I was told a month ago...oh you can only wear one earphone in your ear. Really? In 9 years, I've never been told that before. They crawled up my ass about it for a few weeks, and now they don't say a word about it anymore.

There must be cubicle dwellers somewhere who get paid to think up the BS for the month.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I tell my people to wear t shirts and pants/shorts. Preferably no cut offs. I know it gets hot, but if someone is in the counter they can see into the sort area and I want the image of our center to be professional.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

"Only one earphone" has been UPS's written policy for quite awhile (I first became of aware of it a decade ago when iPods peaked in popularity). Our Preload was burned for this on two consecutive Keter audits at the end of last decade/beginning of this one and Management took away our privileges since. Which is absurd because I work with Homebody who thinks his phone is a boombox...