Got hit with a new dress code.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
"Only one earphone" has been UPS's written policy for quite awhile (I first became of aware of it a decade ago when iPods peaked in popularity). Our Preload was burned for this on two consecutive Keter audits at the end of last decade/beginning of this one and Management took away our privileges since. Which is absurd because I work with Homebody who thinks his phone is a boombox...
Technically, according to the signs in the guardbooth...employees are not allowed to bring ipods, cameras, cell phones or any electronics without LP approval. No one enforces this, obviously.
If we're being audited, that's one thing. I'll be good, and follow all asinine rules. Other than that....unless they are willing to discipline me for failure to follow, I'm not going to do it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No such policy here.

We have some women with tops so short their bra is sticking out & a bad case of camel toe on the bottom (before anybody gets excited... they're grandmas w/bodies that resemble those of a meth addict). Some guys dress just as bad -- mesh wife beater, pants so tight their junk appears ready to come out. They'll sometimes remind us to wear work appropriate clothing.... but alas, in 16+ years nothing's changed.
I don't care how anyone dresses as long as they are somewhat clean. We had one guy on my belt who smelled like he only bathed once a week, and wore the same dirty clothes for 3 or 4 days in a row. In the summertime....working anywhere near him was unbearable.Thank God he quit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Only one earphone" has been UPS's written policy for quite awhile (I first became of aware of it a decade ago when iPods peaked in popularity). Our Preload was burned for this on two consecutive Keter audits at the end of last decade/beginning of this one and Management took away our privileges since. Which is absurd because I work with Homebody who thinks his phone is a boombox...

Homebody? I think you mean homeboy.

browntroll

no dresscode like that in my hub as long as no one complains. did have one idiot that liked to flash his beer belly at at the
dispatch woman that walked by, he would wear small shirts on purpose so when he "stretched" his gut would show.
i see plenty of ppl do sleeveless in my hub everyday, one guy wore those workout shirts that show
almost everything until his area/coworkers ripped him a new one and never worn again.

Drink Craft Beer

No dress code in my hub. I prefer to wear short sleeves to use them to easily wipe my brow throughout the shift. Sometimes wear long sleeves even in the summer for the same purpose.

TapeItUp

Nothing new, may just be the flavor of the week. Ours was enforced if HR was around on local sort doing a walk through with new hires. She would tell them then on day 1 not to wear sleeveless shirts, so I guess it kind of ruined it seeing half our sort wearing them during the tour.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
"when anything goes, then everything goes."

I like our dress code in packages and feeders. it's professional and it sets us apart from fedex and other package companies that allow street clothes and beards.

customers like it too. it means more business and respect. everyone likes to see the UPS man or women arriving.

in the hub I can see it your way a little. but proper dress and safety gear will make you feel pride in your work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I like our dress code in packages and feeders. it's professional and it sets us apart from fedex and other package companies that allow street clothes and beards.

customers like it too. it means more business and respect. everyone likes to see the UPS man or women arriving.

in the hub I can see it your way a little. but proper dress and safety gear will make you feel pride in your work.

I would agree with you when it comes to package but the only customers feeder drivers see are the receivers on loading docks, who couldn't care less whether our guys have beards or not.

PT Car Washer

Do you even work for UPS? Have you ever been inside a Hub?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Dress for success
image.jpg

km3

In my hub people just bring actual boomboxes in. Nobody seems to care.

Indecisi0n

no dresscode like that in my hub as long as no one complains. did have one idiot that liked to flash his beer belly at at the
dispatch woman that walked by, he would wear small shirts on purpose so when he "stretched" his gut would show.
i see plenty of ppl do sleeveless in my hub everyday, one guy wore those workout shirts that show
almost everything until his area/coworkers ripped him a new one and never worn again.
Did he have a nice chest?

PT Car Washer

25 years buddy. worked every hourly job there is. I agree with you on how pt timers look in the hub. they don't make em like they used too.

most wouldn't last a day 25 years ago when I started in the hub.
When I started there was a 50lb weight limit very few irregs, no scanners, and I made $.50/hr less then a driver. The new guys today work a lot harder then I ever did for a 1/3 of the money. No wonder they don't stay.