Got hurt at work.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was waiting for sarcasm....hahahahaa
1NlItno.gif

Maplewood

Got a Hernia today. Limited duty of 5 lbs or less. I am a cover driver and preload. Well can't drive until after surgery and can only work a limited amount of time each day. Is there a chance of collecting workers compensation? Im pretty much income negative for the next 6 week's. Just was wondering if others have been in this situation and could give some feed back
If you miss a whole day of work you should get Comp. Any day you show up at work you should get your guarented hours even if you have to sleep in the break room. In my state comp pay kicks in only after you miss 14 callander days, put it pays back to the dirst day you missed and it pays well. In WA state you are get comp for you hourly guarentee or your 52 week average hourly day, which ever is greater. Same for TAW.

Jackofnotrades

He’s a pter making 12 bucks an hour. There is language for injuries. What’s he need a lawyer for???
No am a cover driver as well. I am maxed at 28.66 for air. I am still under preload pay because I haven't received full time as of yet. So workmans comp will only cover my base pay even though I was at 72,000 for last year

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Got a Hernia today. Limited duty of 5 lbs or less. I am a cover driver and preload. Well can't drive until after surgery and can only work a limited amount of time each day. Is there a chance of collecting workers compensation? Im pretty much income negative for the next 6 week's. Just was wondering if others have been in this situation and could give some feed back
Lift like this guy...

5a807948b47f7949068457.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
What ever you do make copies of everything, keep a log of when things were or weren't done and NEVER give up an original copy to management. It was always amazing how much paperwork could "disappear" when turned over to management.

Jackofnotrades

What ever you do make copies of everything, keep a log of when things were or weren't done and NEVER give up an original copy to management. It was always amazing how much paperwork could "disappear" when turned over to management.
Got ya.... I have a folder for all of that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
there could not be a shadier company

Mycow

Do they base it on the past few months of salary... Sense cover driving is not really considered a job sense I'm not full time.... If they give me inside rate that will be about 147.00 a week

60% of your best quarter last 18 months and its take home no taxes. With a Cap of 1200 in my state

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Already claimed workers comp. Didn't leave the bldg without filling a report and supervisor brought me to clinic and the injury was verified
I have had two inguinal hernias , you will be out 8 weeks , don’t try to come back early and mess up your repair you’ll be in for a world of hurt..after your surgery you shouldn’t even go near UPS because of the strict lifting requirements..good luck buddy , I haven’t felt the same since my repairs.