Got hurt at work.

Jackofnotrades

I have had two inguinal hernias , you will be out 8 weeks , don’t try to come back early and mess up your repair you’ll be in for a world of hurt..after your surgery you shouldn’t even go near UPS because of the strict lifting requirements..good luck buddy , I haven’t felt the same since my repairs.
Appriciate the heads up

barnyard

KTM rider
Worker's comp laws vary from state to state. Your state should have a worker's comp area on their Dept. of Labor portion of their website. Find it and start reading. Some states you would be fine. Others (generally right to work), you will be bent over and taking it hard.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you got the injury today, make sure you fill out an injury report no matter what you do. Do not leave the property until you do or you will risk the company denying the claim. Your management team might try to try to talk you out of it, don't let them. They can work you up to 29 days of TAW(light duty), then you go on Workman's Comp. I've had three, you will be out of work 2-3 months.
You are our resident know-it-all when it comes to hernias on brown cafe @scratch.... haven’t you had 3 or 4 over the years??? On behalf of your brown cafe brothers and sisters I would like to thank you for your service and everything you have done in regards to getting the word out about hernias... thank you!!

Big Babooba

I filled out the accident report at the bldg.was sent directly to the clinic with the supervisor. They forwarded the paperwork over to worker comp claims department stating surgery was needed. 3 months without a paycheck? Yikes. At least short term disablity is something. This sux
Do they base it on the past few months of salary... Sense cover driving is not really considered a job sense I'm not full time.... If they give me inside rate that will be about 147.00 a week
Every state's Worker's Compesation laws are different. You need to contact your steward. Don't depend on the company to steer you in the right direction. To them you are now a liability and they will try to find a way to make you go away. THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND.

Big Babooba

In my state, Worker's Compensation will pay for your lawyer. You should check to see if yours does too. It would be to your advantage to lawyer up and follow any advise that is given to you. I speak from experience. 13 years ago I was told that I will never work at UPS again by my center manager. He's gone. I'm still around.

IESucks

Got a Hernia today. Limited duty of 5 lbs or less. I am a cover driver and preload. Well can't drive until after surgery and can only work a limited amount of time each day. Is there a chance of collecting workers compensation? Im pretty much income negative for the next 6 week's. Just was wondering if others have been in this situation and could give some feed back
Yes, three times. You will be on workers comp if not already as long as you reported exactly when it happened. If not, good luck

IESucks

Got a Hernia today. Limited duty of 5 lbs or less. I am a cover driver and preload. Well can't drive until after surgery and can only work a limited amount of time each day. Is there a chance of collecting workers compensation? Im pretty much income negative for the next 6 week's. Just was wondering if others have been in this situation and could give some feed back
The workers comp insurance people(liberty mutual in my case) will assign you an adjuster who you can call and get answers to all your questions. I never once talked to the union about anything.