Got hurt at work.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jackofnotrades, Jan 23, 2019.

1. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

And you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, right?

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Ask @rod

3. My state not sp much.
    I will be paid TAW and after 29 days Work Comp. Im not slow at understanding anything, but every state is different. I hope you understand that!!!

4. Appriciate the heads up

5. rod

rod retired and happy

What do you want to know Sweet Cakes?

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Worker's comp laws vary from state to state. Your state should have a worker's comp area on their Dept. of Labor portion of their website. Find it and start reading. Some states you would be fine. Others (generally right to work), you will be bent over and taking it hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

You have the right to work, with a hernia, sucka!!

8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Dr Ben Dover

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

How you stole my heart so fast .

10. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

If you get another chance to make 72k, make sure to put away 5k of it to help you through situations like this. You'll be ready for the strike in 2023 too.

11. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Sabbra Cadabra

12. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

You are our resident know-it-all when it comes to hernias on brown cafe @scratch.... haven’t you had 3 or 4 over the years??? On behalf of your brown cafe brothers and sisters I would like to thank you for your service and everything you have done in regards to getting the word out about hernias... thank you!!

13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Every state's Worker's Compesation laws are different. You need to contact your steward. Don't depend on the company to steer you in the right direction. To them you are now a liability and they will try to find a way to make you go away. THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

In my state, Worker's Compensation will pay for your lawyer. You should check to see if yours does too. It would be to your advantage to lawyer up and follow any advise that is given to you. I speak from experience. 13 years ago I was told that I will never work at UPS again by my center manager. He's gone. I'm still around.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  15. I have a nest egg set aside... I was smart with that

16. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Good, then you needn't worry too much. Hope you are able to make enough not to have to dip into it too much. Get better soon.

17. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Yes, three times. You will be on workers comp if not already as long as you reported exactly when it happened. If not, good luck

18. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

The workers comp insurance people(liberty mutual in my case) will assign you an adjuster who you can call and get answers to all your questions. I never once talked to the union about anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. I haven't received any info on who to contact as of yet

20. Put on light duty. Yes reported at the minute it happened