Got hurt at work.

born2Bwild

I went thru it with bilateral inguinal not long ago. No pay til now? Hope I miss understood that,if that’s true the company is denying your rights. Get a lawyer, get the surgery, get paid for all the time loss and don’t come back before 12 weeks off. According to my surgeon who did the surgery one cannot and should not be subjected to heavy lifting before 12 weeks and it takes 24 weeks for the tissues to grow completely into the mesh.

Jackofnotrades

If they took you to clinic I assume the dr talked about surgery?
It was like a shady walkin clinic. Kinda where we would get our DOT done. He said 95% of the time surgery is needed. He pasted the info over to workmans comp. Referral still pending. I go back to the same clinic Monday for, well i have no idea. But I'll play the game. Quit nerve wracking when i don't have any info on what to do next, because I received no contact info....

IESucks

It was like a shady walkin clinic. Kinda where we would get our DOT done. He said 95% of the time surgery is needed. He pasted the info over to workmans comp. Referral still pending. I go back to the same clinic Monday for, well i have no idea. But I'll play the game. Quit nerve wracking when i don't have any info on what to do next, because I received no contact info....
You will. I was just like you years ago with my first one. Easy for me to say now, but just do what they say and enjoy time off with pay and just be honest every step of the way. Your are much better off than some who don't report it till later and get denied workers comp for not telling them a specific time and place it happened.

IESucks

Absolutely no reason to get a lawyer or overreact like some do at this point. Watch your mail at the address on file with ups for updates from ups, workers comp, and or liberty mutual.

IESucks

If you got the injury today, make sure you fill out an injury report no matter what you do. Do not leave the property until you do or you will risk the company denying the claim. Your management team might try to try to talk you out of it, don't let them. They can work you up to 29 days of TAW(light duty), then you go on Workman's Comp. I've had three, you will be out of work 2-3 months.
Correct, also if you don't get the same hours you usually work you get paid the difference while on taw

IESucks

I filled out the accident report at the bldg.was sent directly to the clinic with the supervisor. They forwarded the paperwork over to worker comp claims department stating surgery was needed. 3 months without a paycheck? Yikes. At least short term disablity is something. This sux
You will get paid weekly by liberty mutual

You will. I was just like you years ago with my first one. Easy for me to say now, but just do what they say and enjoy time off with pay and just be honest every step of the way. Your are much better off than some who don't report it till later and get denied workers comp for not telling them a specific time and place it happened.
I no longer tell UPS when I get hurt. I go to the doctor, and have the doctor notify them. Doctor sends L and I claim to ups claims manager who then forwards it to the state. The state then approves the claim.

HBGPreloader

I filled out the accident report at the bldg.was sent directly to the clinic with the supervisor. They forwarded the paperwork over to worker comp claims department stating surgery was needed. 3 months without a paycheck? Yikes. At least short term disablity is something. This sux
As long as it was a work related injury and your claim is not disputed by the company, you should receive workers comp.
How much you receive while out of work and recovering will depend on your state laws.
Here in PA, I believe it works out to be about 60% of the average of the last 3 quarters gross pay - tax free.