Got let go

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
:censored2: 2 days before I did my qualifying I broke my hand in a non work related issue. I still showed up to preload on a Monday morning and they looked at me like I was crazy. Hell nobody told me I couldn’t come to work but I still did. So I filed an fmla because I had to get surgery to fix the hand because I wanted to keep my job because the recovery process was long so I was out 2.5 months. Skipped out qualifying in the summer though. :wince:

Tldr: don’t just not show up for work

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Also you’ll have a panic attack your first heavy day of peak season when you look at your truck if you start driving.

quad decade guy

Intermitent FMLA is a definite possibility.... depending on the circumstances.

With sufficient medical documentation, it can be approved.

You can be required to burn paid vacation, withholding 1 week.

If they are approved, the company has no say in their outside activities.

People should take note, of the hour requirements.

It's not automatic.

-Bug-

* and @quad decade guy has no idea what he is talking about *

He should just go police the yard, for yellow vest violations.

Ok. Fair enough. It is interesting though, that several of the examples I gave, all eventually had to put up or shut up i.e. whatever ailed them or whatever FMLA or whatever, they HAD to come to work or LEAVE. Not sure what that means or exactly how the "system" works but that was the endgame. Can you be "approved" for an endless come to work when you want to? I guess. And it seems tons of hoops and approvals and on and on...possible? Ok. But eventually I believe the OP will have to face a decision.

quad decade guy

Not really easy to

it is if you are constantly doing and want to remain on payroll

Not really easy to what exactly? Go to mgt. and tell them you have a medical problem? Probably the 2nd call I made in a crisis. It helps get mgt. off your back and gives you time to think and find solutions. I guess it's possible to be so medically unfit to pick up a phone or have someone on your behalf do it. Possible I guess. But I'm pretty sure if you had been curled up in a ball for weeks or days and then re-emerged, something could be worked out. I've seen some pretty bizarre situations and circumstances(outrageous even) be worked out.

WannaBeFeeder

Not really easy to what exactly? Go to mgt. and tell them you have a medical problem? Probably the 2nd call I made in a crisis. It helps get mgt. off your back and gives you time to think and find solutions. I guess it's possible to be so medically unfit to pick up a phone or have someone on your behalf do it. Possible I guess. But I'm pretty sure if you had been curled up in a ball for weeks or days and then re-emerged, something could be worked out. I've seen some pretty bizarre situations and circumstances(outrageous even) be worked out.
Typo. It’s not really easy for some ppl, not a lot of ppl can simply go to someone and tell them they have a disorder of any type

DOK

So I got fired this new center manager at our center noticed my attendance was bad past couple weeks but little did he know I’ve been diagnosed with anxiety disorder and it’s supposed to go away in time - id literally have panic attacks on the way to work every single day and just could not work. I’d feel like walls were closing in on me and I’d have to turn around and immediately go home. I’d go into the warehouse not every day because of the condition. I desperately need insurance right now. My union steward said he’s going to “try” to get me a hearing on 23rd. What is a hearing? What should I be prepared for. This is a scary time to not have insurance. And I know what a lot of you are going to say - “should’ve been at work” I had perfect attendance for 3 years before all this happened, it’s an actual disorder but goes away with therapy. Any thoughts? Anybody been any any similar situations? Should I talk to more than one steward? Thank you for your serious answers and not bashing me, although I’m sure they’re going to come.
Should sign up for fmla, you can take off random days and you’re job would be protected.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
So I got fired this new center manager at our center noticed my attendance was bad past couple weeks but little did he know I’ve been diagnosed with anxiety disorder and it’s supposed to go away in time - id literally have panic attacks on the way to work every single day and just could not work. I’d feel like walls were closing in on me and I’d have to turn around and immediately go home. I’d go into the warehouse not every day because of the condition. I desperately need insurance right now. My union steward said he’s going to “try” to get me a hearing on 23rd. What is a hearing? What should I be prepared for. This is a scary time to not have insurance. And I know what a lot of you are going to say - “should’ve been at work” I had perfect attendance for 3 years before all this happened, it’s an actual disorder but goes away with therapy. Any thoughts? Anybody been any any similar situations? Should I talk to more than one steward? Thank you for your serious answers and not bashing me, although I’m sure they’re going to come.

Being a hard worker, communication and doctors notes is your key to surviving. Go to an urgent care they will see you right when you walk in, get a doctors note and start to look for a solution in order to bounce back from this. If you ever get a script for benzos be careful. Ive seen people’s characters change for the worse especially with long term use and abuse.

If you’re serious about this job make sure to keep the communication line open with the preload, reload, center manager, union steward and or business agent. Don’t let anyone punk you out in to quitting. Educate yourself with the union hand book. Each region has different supplements, see what yours offers.