Got let go

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can you be "approved" for an endless come to work when you want to? I guess.

FMLA has restrictions.

For employees working 1250 hrs the previous year, they are entitled to

12 weeks of FMLA. Part-timers accruing 625 hrs and have been employed

3 years.... the amount is 6 weeks.

After that, it would be short term disability.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

FMLA has restrictions.

-Bug-
Funny how this person has supposedlily been around forty years and can't figure this out. Lol.

quad decade guy

FMLA has restrictions.

-Bug-

Well, yeah. Kinda what I've been talking about. These folks seem to get better at the threshold mark. Strange how that works. Or when they have to show up for the rest of the year to earn vacation. You know start getting whatever problems they have and seem to always miss peak. As a general observation...

Package Stick

"Send it."
:censored2: 2 days before I did my qualifying I broke my hand in a non work related issue. I still showed up to preload on a Monday morning and they looked at me like I was crazy. Hell nobody told me I couldn’t come to work but I still did. So I filed an fmla because I had to get surgery to fix the hand because I wanted to keep my job because the recovery process was long so I was out 2.5 months. Skipped out qualifying in the summer though. :wince:

Tldr: don’t just not show up for work
My arm got sucked into a belt, got mad burns, still showed up to work the next day because I was fine. Just covered it and got back to chilling out.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I guess what's "funny" is that I've never had a lost time injury...ever. Or mental defects or whatever. So, pretty unfamiliar with the friend'ed up crowd. Carry on...
Congratulations. You seem like a stellar employee. Do you know The Great UpstateNYUPSer? I think you two would be like peas and carrots. Keep up the great work out there. I'll try to be like you. Thanks again.

quad decade guy

Congratulations. You seem like a stellar employee. Do you know The Great UpstateNYUPSer? I think you two would be like peas and carrots. Keep up the great work out there. I'll try to be like you. Thanks again.

I'd say "aw shucks" or something like that but I truly know you don't mean anything kind by it. So, no don't know him or care. Btw, you could only hope to come remotely close to my safety record, it would be a noble goal. Not appreciated by mgt. or any of (you) * here. Stellar? Not sure what that means either. Just do my job to my very best and safely. Something that oddly, is derided here. Oddly. Trying to make a safer work environment for others and myself is oddly, the most scorned. So, when you see the next UPS fatality-don't thank me, thank your fellow BC *. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'd say "aw shucks" or something like that but I truly know you don't mean anything kind by it. So, no don't know him or care. Btw, you could only hope to come remotely close to my safety record, it would be a noble goal. Not appreciated by mgt. or any of (you) * here. Stellar? Not sure what that means either. Just do my job to my very best and safely. Something that oddly, is derided here. Oddly. Trying to make a safer work environment for others and myself is oddly, the most scorned. So, when you see the next UPS fatality-don't thank me, thank your fellow BC *. Good luck.
It truly is amazing that you haven't injured yourself patting yourself on the back. Keep up the good work boss.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

would you go away if you were given some attaboys

You seem to be starving for attention
So , here ya go

F1493091-D095-4BE0-B1BE-386F73E32CB7.gif

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Intermitent FMLA is a definite possibility.... depending on the circumstances.

With sufficient medical documentation, it can be approved.

You can be required to burn paid vacation, withholding 1 week.
Is it 1 week and your option week you get to retain or does option week count also?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I read the first few pages and I didn’t see it addressed. To the OP....you say your attendance was bad the last few weeks and your manager summarily fired you? Where’s the progressive discipline....your warning, suspensions, etc? They can’t just fire you for calling off.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If they are 3 or 4 in a row, they can. It is called job abandonment.

Yep.

Section 3

The seniority of an employee shall be considered broken for the following reasons, and the employee shall be considered terminated:

(d) if the employee fails to report to work for three (3) consecutive working days and does not properly notify the Employer at the beginning of his/her starting time on the third (3rd) day.