Got my new uniform

CBUK

I don't know if it's just because my old one was so faded but my new uniform arrived yesterday and it has a hint of green!!!!

It's made by a company called Twinhill and made in China. The last time I ordered anything it was made in Ireland.

Do UPS get all the stuff from China now. I am in the U.K but I expect big contracts might be playing a part in some big worldwide deal.

Do you have Twinhill supplying the U.S? I am gutted also, for the first time in 10 yrs I had to order a 36 inch waist. I have been a 34 ever since I joined. Mind you, when I joined I also had hair.......and wife!:wink2:

U

Ups Man

yes, UPS has their uniform made in china for all of the USA now. and they are not very good.
I have some but still use my made in USA Riverside uniforms. I did not turn them in after I seen how different the new uniforms are and made in china as well. I will ware my old uniforms until they look like they were laying on the beach in the sun for a few years.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The twin Hill Chinese-made uniforms are crap. They are green, they are too small, and the buttons fall off immediately. I wear mine for a few days until the seams rip, then I throw them in the trash and order new ones.

New Englander

The twin Hill Chinese-made uniforms are crap. They are green, they are too small, and the buttons fall off immediately. I wear mine for a few days until the seams rip, then I throw them in the trash and order new ones.

I seriously doubt this new crap will break in and become softer like the old uniforms.

Overpaid Union Thug

I noticed the hint of green too. Make sure you wear Twin Hill shorts with Twin Hill shirts and vice versa (Cintas shorts with Cintas shirts) because if you don't you'll be wearing shirts and shorts that are two different shades of brown. I still have my Cintas shorts and shirts and have to make sure they are matched up each morning.

outamyway

I noticed the hint of green too. Make sure you wear Twin Hill shorts with Twin Hill shirts and vice versa (Cintas shorts with Cintas shirts) because if you don't you'll be wearing shirts and shorts that are two different shades of brown. I still have my Cintas shorts and shirts and have to make sure they are matched up each morning.

:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: it. This is what they give us this is what we wear!

J

JonFrum

The same hint of green sometimes showed up in the brown touch-up paint used on the package cars; depending on which company submitted the cheapest bid to supply the paint.

JustTired

free at last.......
I don't know if it's just because my old one was so faded but my new uniform arrived yesterday and it has a hint of green!!!!
:wink2:!

It's that famous, communist Chinese, lead-based dye they use.
On the upside....you don't have to wear that lead bib when you get your teeth x-rayed at the dentist( if you're in uniform, of course).

Matching shades of brown? You obviously give a crap more than I do. I think everyone that is unsatisfied with Twinhill should write to corporate about this, we may be an international company now but we are still an American based company.

Overpaid Union Thug

Matching shades of brown? You obviously give a crap more than I do. I think everyone that is unsatisfied with Twinhill should write to corporate about this, we may be an international company now but we are still an American based company.

Yeah I give a crap. I really don't want to be walking around all day in mismatched shirts and shorts. What do customers think? Our brown uniforms and brown trucks are part of our image. We don't want to be like DHL do we?

bellesotico

BOXstar
Yeah I give a crap. I really don't want to be walking around all day in mismatched shirts and shorts. What do customers think? Our brown uniforms and brown trucks are part of our image. We don't want to be like DHL do we?
dhl-1.jpg

No...no we don't...

Fashion Police...please.

Hedley_Lamarr

It's made by a company called Twinhill and made in China. The last time I ordered anything it was made in Ireland.

Do UPS get all the stuff from China now. I am in the U.K but I expect big contracts might be playing a part in some big worldwide deal.

Do you have Twinhill supplying the U.S? I am gutted also, for the first time in 10 yrs I had to order a 36 inch waist. I have been a 34 ever since I joined. Mind you, when I joined I also had hair.......and wife!:wink2:
Hey CBUK, GIGGITY-GIGGITY-GIGGITY!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wish there was a way to contact the individual---or individuals---who made the business decision to order from Twin Hill. Something tells me that the person(s) responsible for this choice either didnt have the opportunity to inspect the product, or didnt care because they would never have to wear it themselves.

outamyway

I wish there was a way to contact the individual---or individuals---who made the business decision to order from Twin Hill. Something tells me that the person(s) responsible for this choice either didnt have the opportunity to inspect the product, or didnt care because they would never have to wear it themselves.

I would like to see the factory(hut) where they are made. I wonder what age the oldest person working there is...12? 13?

mpeedy

The uniforms might be junk but DHL's look the worst. Their new jackets are yellow with red sleeves. They look like McDonald's delivery service.