Government Shutdown / Congress and the Senate

afterthought

I really do not want to start a new thread, and I hope this is short lived.

But will it be yet ANOTHER 90 day extention?

For the fourth time in five years, President Obama has proven he doesn’t take trillion-dollar deficits
seriously enough to submit a budget on time.

- See more at: Longest Budget Delay of Any Incumbent President in History | Speaker.gov

Who cares about laws? Under the law, President Obama must submit a budget by the first Monday in
February, but he has met the deadline only once. The Liberal way. Who cares about laws? It does not
apply to him.

There is no consequence to the "special one"

Read more: White House tells Paul Ryan it won’t meet budget deadline - The Hill's On The Money
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

But that thought posted, we are down to a few days with the drama, and wrestling, yet again.

The Government shutdown looming.

Of course He uses the law and inference to responsibilities when it fits.

The president used his weekly address to the American people to demand that Congress meet
its two responsibilities: “pass a budget on time and pay our bills on time.
� Obama to Congress: Pass a budget on time Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Last edited by a moderator:

afterthought

Just an FYI. I have tried 4 times in IE to edit post but it just clocks and clocks and nothing.
I deleted all cookies, temp internent files. etc closed IE 9. Same result.

I can not edit.

"responsibilities"

afterthought

On Meet the Press 09/29/13 to Chris Matthews

REP. RAUL LABRADOR: Our first request was to completely def-- de-fund the program.

And we knew we were going to lose on that. Now we're asking for a delay, which, again, I don't think is an
unreasonable thing to do.

You know, your boss, Tip O'Neil, shut down the government 12 different times. And you didn't call him a terrorist.

Matthews replied: No, it wasn't.

Who was right?

Raul of course, and his source was indeed the Washington Post which on Wednesday published a piece chronicling
the seventeen times in American history the government has been shut down.

As Labrador said, twelve were indeed when O'Neill was Speaker.

Yet Matthews - who worked for O'Neill and has just published a book about the Speaker
called "Tip and the Gipper: When Politics Worked" didn't know that.
Rep. Raul Labrador Battles Chris Matthews Over Shutdown: Democrats Just Want Us 'In Trouble in 2014′ - YouTube

brett636

government shutdown.jpg
government shutdown.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
On Meet the Press 09/29/13 to Chris Matthews

REP. RAUL LABRADOR: Our first request was to completely def-- de-fund the program.

And we knew we were going to lose on that. Now we're asking for a delay, which, again, I don't think is an
unreasonable thing to do.

You know, your boss, Tip O'Neil, shut down the government 12 different times. And you didn't call him a terrorist.

Matthews replied: No, it wasn't.

Who was right?

Raul of course, and his source was indeed the Washington Post which on Wednesday published a piece chronicling
the seventeen times in American history the government has been shut down.

As Labrador said, twelve were indeed when O'Neill was Speaker.

Yet Matthews - who worked for O'Neill and has just published a book about the Speaker
called "Tip and the Gipper: When Politics Worked" didn't know that.
Rep. Raul Labrador Battles Chris Matthews Over Shutdown: Democrats Just Want Us 'In Trouble in 2014′ - YouTube

What were we suppose to see in that clip other than this Republican maroon getting owned?

He gets corrected several times and Chris Mathews sets him straight.

That representative is just another example of political ignorance. He states "we knew" the bill wouldnt pass, but "HELLLLOOOOO" why pass a bill that you know wont be passed by the senate or the president unless you are playing politics?

Just more stupid pets tricks from the party of NO.

Not to worry, americans will lay blame on the GOP for any shutdowns and you can kiss the GOP goodbye in 2014 and 2016. Better buy more ammo.

Peace

TOS

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You liberals love to call names and be well, Dumb......but if we call O'maroon ANYTHING, we're racist bastards. You've gotta love hypocrisy
There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.
-John Adams-

P

pickup

You liberals love to call names and be well, Dumb......but if we call O'maroon ANYTHING, we're racist bastards. You've gotta love hypocrisy

Do you think if we don't re-elect him again, we're racist bastards anyway?? After all, we did it for FDR, why not for him?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Congratulations Republican party! You have managed to demonstrate to the country WHY you shouldnt EVER be allowed to govern the United States of America ever again!.
boehner+shot+in+foot1+copy.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Congratulations Republican party! You have managed to demonstrate to the country WHY you shouldnt EVER be allowed to govern the United States of America ever again!.
boehner+shot+in+foot1+copy.jpg

So true. The GOP leadership caved-in to the Tea Party and now they'll (deservedly) get the blame for putting the country into gridlock. The Middle East terrorists have a powerful ally in the Tea Party. They don't even have to blow anything up....the Tea Party will destroy it for them.

wkmac

I told her not to read MFE and TOS's posts and did she listen? Oh No!

Depressed, Hysterical, and Crying - YouTube

So if gov't is shutdown, when can I stop paying taxes and when does the gov't end it's monopoly on services so ground up efforts can begin. I mean, if I don't have to pay taxes, now I've got more discretionary income left over to help people locally that really do need help and only want a hand up and not live off a hand out. Nor am I feeding the rent seekers who profited off the old monopolized state system that used misery and human suffering as a growth industry.

Overpaid Union Thug

Keep in mind that Obama and his puppets have been invited to sit down with republicans and negotiate (compromise) but they never would. So all of the uninformed drones that are blaming the republicans for the shutdown need to wake up. There are two sides to this tale people!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Too many of then are narcissists driven by pure selfishness and emotion. No logic whatsoever.

YOU boneheads have to face reality. YOU lost not only the election, but you LOST on the ACA as well. The supreme court made it the law of the land and you knuckleheads want to drag out the old talking points and argue a lost cause.

If anyone is driven by selfishness and emotion, its YOU people in the tea party.

The Tea Party has been a complete failure as a political party. The Tea Party is killing the republican party and the chances of EVER winning another presidential election.

This morning, THOUSANDS of people are signing up for healthcare and you guys just cant handle that. Over time, MILLIONS of people will sign up for healthcare.

YOU LOST this fight. Time to give it up and move on to helping the country recover from the BUSH years. Instead, you want to fight a bad fight while the world laughs at all of YOU.

Leaders from around the world have called the republicans IDIOTS for "political posturing" with actions that have a negative effect on the world markets.

YOU are the laughing stock of the world today, and I hope you are proud.

Better stock up on ammo. It will make you feel better.

Peace

TOS

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I listened to Obama at lunch today and he was very positional with regards to the ACA. Obviously not willing to negotiate and stated "i simply won't do it" (regarding delaying ACA).
Right before that I listened to Netanyahu's speech to the UN giving us a history lesson that only imbeciles would believe the comforting rhetoric of the "new" Iranian Ayatollah/President. Then there's Obama and Biden "breaking through" the relationship barrier with them. "Distrust, dismantle, & verify". Really simple you Democratic knuckleheads