Government Shutdown / Congress and the Senate

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I guess today would be a good time to dump all those left over paint & other nasty things down the drain .
The used motor oils I'll spill into one of those closed parking lots .

A true patriot! Hope the NSA is listening. I'm pretty sure that would be considered an act of terrorism.

wkmac

A true patriot! Hope the NSA is listening. I'm pretty sure that would be considered an act of terrorism.

So willful polluting is an act of terrorism? I guess littering is next.

That is the problem when a word becomes a tool use by the powerful to drive fear and yet it is never clearly and precisely defined.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Heard this yesterday on the radio why only a partial shutdown??C'mon teaparty patriots shut it ALL down!No social security checks, no medicare, no FAA nothing..think about it luck, baba..Utopia for all the repressed..

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
So willful polluting is an act of terrorism? I guess littering is next.

That is the problem when a word becomes a tool use by the powerful to drive fear and yet it is never clearly and precisely defined.
Intentionally polluting water is a crime. I believe that in baba's case, the argument could be made that it was done to incite fear and cause harm to as many people as possible. Pretty sure that's terrorism.

wkmac

Intentionally polluting water is a crime. I believe that in baba's case, the argument could be made that it was done to incite fear and cause harm to as many people as possible. Pretty sure that's terrorism.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
noun: terrorism
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

I always saw terrorism as what nation states and their supporters do.

What Baba was talking about was just pure stupidity and actions based on may well be a crime but I've yet to see someone advocate stupidity as a terrorism call to arms.

Actually pouring paint and motor oil down your drain will not create a larger cause effect for the commons but more than likely in time cause the one who poured to have to call roto-rooter. If you looked at some of the chemical compounds in average households that by design are poured down the drain every day with gov't approval and compare to paint and motor oil, we'd be better off pouring the paint and motor oil.

wkmac

So let me see if I understand this. The gov't is supposedly shutdown because said gov't can't agree on how to spend imaginary money that they don't have on hand in the first place?

Didn't a whole lot of us do that very thing, spend imaginary money we didn't have, and then in 2008' the gov't and it's experts told us that caused a crisis so bad it almost collapsed the entire global economy?

moreluck

golden ticket member
FellP20131004_low.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In my book voting democrat is an act of terror .

Actually, for you it would be terror, because voting Democrat is killing-off the GOP. Stunts like the shutdown just reinforce the fact that Republicans are terrorist dinosaurs awaiting extinction.

oldngray

nowhere special
The House did pass a budget. Its the Democrats in Senate who rejected it and forced the shutdown. And Obama does nothing but go on a campaign tour and blame the Republicans instead of trying to work out a compromise.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The House did pass a budget. Its the Democrats in Senate who rejected it and forced the shutdown. And Obama does nothing but go on a campaign tour and blame the Republicans instead of trying to work out a compromise.
Thank goodness his Asian trip is adjusted.....no Bali for you !!!