Grievance on the response

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I'm doing OK. I haven't been able to get a haircut because of the shut down so I am just coping with that. I am going to try and wash the car today before work but that's all I really have to do today. How are you?

I see Male pattern baldness has not caught up with you yet..... full of jealousy. That's how I'm doing. Thanks

What'dyabringmetoday???

I can see your point but personally I'd prefer to clean every surface I'm going to touch than hoping someone else did it and did it right.

Also you're paid by the hour. Carry that spray and wipes with you at all times. They say anything just tell them you're just doing as UPS Corporate and the CDC said to do.
And then be prepared for the harassment...

542thruNthru

I think I pointed out that it will happen. Our BA says that's how "it's always been. I don't agree with that. Oh well.

Well going off of what all the old timers say. I have to agree with your BA that harrassment has always been a tool UPS has used to get what they want.

Not saying it should be allowed but members need to stick up for themselves and the union needs to back them.

You remember a time when UPS didn't harass members?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Well going off of what all the old timers say. I have to agree with your BA that harrassment has always been a tool UPS has used to get what they want.

Not saying it should be allowed but members need to stick up for themselves and the union needs to back them.

You remember a time when UPS didn't harass members?
I remember a time where it was nowhere near what it is now and when the union stood up for the membership in a better manner than now. Of course, UPS needs a few favors in return for funding failing pension funds.

542thruNthru

I remember a time where it was nowhere near what it is now and when the union stood up for the membership in a better manner than now. Of course, UPS needs a few favors in return for funding failing pension funds.

Would this be back when drivers would get their heels stepped on during OJS rides and just take it or is this before that? Can you give me a time frame when everything was unicorns and rainbows at UPS.;)

What'dyabringmetoday???

Would this be back when drivers would get their heels stepped on during OJS rides and just take it or is this before that? Can you give me a time frame when everything was unicorns and rainbows at UPS.;)
I guess I can't. I already described how it was once different. Not trying to get into a battle. Everyone can have an opinion right? Or does everyone have to have the same opinion?

542thruNthru

I guess I can't. I already described how it was once different. Not trying to get into a battle. Everyone can have an opinion right? Or does everyone have to have the same opinion?

I'm not getting into a argument with you. I understand how different it can be in different areas and in different times. I know a lot of people say before the strike they were treated with more respect.

I'm just giving you a hard time because I'm at home bored out of my mind. Have a good weekend man. :)

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm not getting into a argument with you. I understand how different it can be in different areas and in different times. I know a lot of people say before the strike they were treated with more respect.

I'm just giving you a hard time because I'm at home bored out of my mind. Have a good weekend man. :)
Many things did change after the strike but not always for worse. I know in our area, they rely on UPS to keep the multi-employer pension fund (barely) afloat. So the company is pretty much allowed to do as they see fit. Now I'm sure Big Union Man will jump in and say it's the fault of the rank-and-file. But most of these "elected leaders" forgot where they came from shortly after they started hitting the all-you-can-eat buffets.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Many things did change after the strike but not always for worse. I know in our area, they rely on UPS to keep the multi-employer pension fund (barely) afloat. So the company is pretty much allowed to do as they see fit. Now I'm sure Big Union Man will jump in and say it's the fault of the rank-and-file. But most of these "elected leaders" forgot where they came from shortly after they started hitting the all-you-can-eat buffets.
We had half baked stewards here for years. That is not the case now.
The local representation sucked for years. That is not the case now.
What changed?
People got some spine, voted out the compromised representation, got good stewards in place, and now our representation is solid and uncompromising.

How did this all start? One person decided that enough was enough and fought back against both sides and even after being fired unjustly 3 times to "make an impression" they didnt give up.

More people stood up with him.

Then the local was overturned.

Now, it's great to be associated with this Local.

Dude, it took about 15 years, multiple labor charges, and thousands of dollars spent on elections but justice prevailed.

If you dont fight the corruption, even without a guarantee of success, then you're not a Teamster imo.

@Bubblehead didnt quit after 2 near misses and an orchestrated attack on him, his family, and his job. He pressed on and crushed the losers that wanted him gone.

Negativity is easy when you're getting hosed by a local union but it gets you nowhere if you dont channel that negativity into the drive it takes to make the change happen.

YUOVER95

What I want to know is has anyone filed 9.5 grievance yet with all the extra volume we’re getting? Feels like peak.