Grievance

Bpow

It doesnt matter how much building senoirity u have when u are a delivery driver. Bids on routes are given on your driving time senoirity. Just asking for the same

By The Book

It doesnt matter how much building senoirity u have when u are a delivery driver. Bids on routes are given on your driving time senoirity. Just asking for the same
It sounds like this isn't set in stone yet. By saying you lost and the preloader won may be temporary as it plays out. If this preloader is dot qualified and has more seniority than you and signed the bid, he should prevail. If this was a temporary bid on a permanent route and you are in the full time classification and the preloader isn't, you have a case. The grievance hearings can be scheduled before start time to accommodate the member, it sounds like your BA didn't want this.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
upload_2016-9-30_22-6-54.png

In my Local the grievance form clearly states that "the undersigned employee may be present at any and all steps of the grievance procedure".

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are not entitled to be at a grievance hearing during your work hours.
Your union dues give you the right to file a grievance. What information could you have added to this case? Your BA can handle this without you.
Why would any competent BA put their Local in the liable position of hearing a grievance without giving the grievant every opportunity to be present, unless of course the BA was certain that the grievance would be resolved by completely satisfying the claim of the grievant?

Help me understand???

Inthegame

Why would any competent BA put their Local in the liable position of hearing a grievance without giving the grievant every opportunity to be present, unless of course the BA was certain that the grievance would be resolved by completely satisfying the claim of the grievant?

Help me understand???
It is a fairly simple seniority issue, with little danger of any detrimental liability to the local. But I'm not supposing to know what the BA and poster had discussed prior to this "hearing".
Don't believe everything you read, even if it is on the internet, n'est pas?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It is a fairly simple seniority issue, with little danger of any detrimental liability to the local. But I'm not supposing to know what the BA and poster had discussed prior to this "hearing".
Don't believe everything you read, even if it is on the internet, n'est pas?
I never endeavored to "believe anything in this internet scenario", for good reason.

It is not necessarily "a fairly simple seniority issue, with little danger of any detrimental liability to the local", as you ass-u-me.

You see, not only do "you not know what the BA and poster discussed prior to this hearing", you also don't know what seniority application is in place here.

That's why it is always best to have all parties involved present to state their case and the facts involved at any grievance hearing, unless prior to the grievance being read into the record, the Company acquiesces to the full claim of the grievant; "n'est pas"?

guyinthebrownbox

Does this air job fall under full time classification? If not, he has more seniority than you. When I went package cover driver, I skipped a few guys in line because I was hired before them. We were all still classified as part time, so we were ordered by hire date

Unless you are full time and he is not, his seniority trumps yours everytime

Inthegame

That's why it is always best to have all parties involved present to state their case and the facts involved at any grievance hearing, unless prior to the grievance being read into the record, the Company acquiesces to the full claim of the grievant; "n'est pas"?
If the company acquiesces to the full claim of the union prior to the grievance, there is no need for a meeting.

Inthegame

You are not entitled to be at a grievance hearing during your work hours.

Grievance hearings, should not be scheduled during a members working hours.

(And I could provide a wall of text on this issue)

I would never here a case like this.... without the member being present.

-Bug-
While grievants absolutely have the right to be present (at their expense) at any step of the process, grievance hearings are often scheduled during members working hours. They're called state panels, Regional JAC meetings and National Panels.
I'd be amazed if you've never presented a case without the grievant present.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
While grievants absolutely have the right to be present (at their expense) at any step of the process, grievance hearings are often scheduled during members working hours. They're called state panels, Regional JAC meetings and National Panels.
I'd be amazed if you've never presented a case without the grievant present.
Come on ITG, the OP was talking about the "local level hearing", and if if he wished to take part in that hearing, he should have been afforded the opportunity.

Savy? (I don't speak French)
Shut up Ike.