Ground forced on Labor Day???

bacha29

Well, if Fat Freddy finds out about that, heā€™ll have us working Thanksgiving Day
The industry will in a matter of a year or so perhaps even less become a 24/7/365 operation at full capacity until there's a major incident/accident with a significant loss of life or some kind of organized labor force action designed to bring some sanity to an industry that is spiraling out of control.

It will be fine

The industry will in a matter of a year or so perhaps even less become a 24/7/365 operation at full capacity until there's a major incident/accident with a significant loss of life or some kind of organized labor force action designed to bring some sanity to an industry that is spiraling out of control.
The growth in the industry is the direct competition with retail. Retail stores are open 365, we will be too. Workers are accustomed to it.

SmithBarney

Don't know, but there were 2 Ground Trucks in my neighborhood tonight.. I waved from behind the grill.. doubt they saw me flying down the street.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I rolled in for a mostly usps and a handful of amazon stuff. Left all businesses behind & was dropping n running - pure resis like a HD route

I got to cover an easy area that was 20 to 25 sporh, so not bad for an extra hondo bonus

bacha29

The growth in the industry is the direct competition with retail. Retail stores are open 365, we will be too. Workers are accustomed to it.
And so will you become "accustomed to it" in the form of finding yourself driving a route on a national and or religious holiday when blue collar America decides that it's had enough and flat out won't do it. In addition when "essential worker" becomes a stand alone employment status with premium pay levels unnecessary weekend and holiday deliveries of nonessential goods will become a service too expensive to operate .

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I rolled in for a mostly usps and a handful of amazon stuff. Left all businesses behind & was dropping n running - pure resis like a HD route

I got to cover an easy area that was 20 to 25 sporh, so not bad for an extra hondo bonus
Don't even get out of bed for an Extra hondo. Double time for all holidays worked

It will be fine

And so will you become "accustomed to it" in the form of finding yourself driving a route on a national and or religious holiday when blue collar America decides that it's had enough and flat out won't do it. In addition when "essential worker" becomes a stand alone employment status with premium pay levels unnecessary weekend and holiday deliveries of nonessential goods will become a service too expensive to operate .
No one could have predicted your view that any set of circumstances will lead to a workforce unwilling to work. Lucky for me thatā€™s not reality and the people I employ like having jobs.

OrioN

We were caught up though. So it was optional. Tuesday, the ground routes were slammed and the light HD routes had an opportunity to help them for extra pay.

I cleaned up 20 stops, then sweep a couple of ground pickups for another extra hondo bonus

robdabanks

One contractor sent a couple guys out that were willing to go out for extra cash. Station was/is still behind. They ran a sort Monday and another sort today. Complete :censored2: show in there.

dmac1

So if say several contractors refuse, their contracts are pulled, so how's Fat Freddy gonna find new contractors fast to replace them? Or are all the terminated contractor's packages just going to sit there in the warehouse and rot?
Fedex will simply ask all the drivers to work and pay them as fedex employees, or as employees of a temp service. Fede will call in personel from other terminals even hundreds of miles away AND will be prepared. And fedex will either offer another contractor the contracted areas, or will offer it to one of the drivers.

dmac1

Contracts wonā€™t be pulled automatically. It would depend how much notice was given to even issue an opportunity to cure letter. Getting a letter just means the contractor loses exclusive rights to negotiate. There were plenty of contractors that got letters for not running on Easter. Labor Day is specifically mentioned in the contract as an excluded day so I donā€™t think anything will happen for the contractors that were just told this week. If theyā€™re smart theyā€™d have a handful of guys show up and do what they can. Pretending to care goes a long way.
That is pure BS. Fedex can terminate them and wait for the contractor to hire an attorney, and pay for arbitration, and if the contractor wins, wins only a small amount. In the meantime- several months- the contractor will need to make payments on the vehicles along with insuring them if financed. You clearly have no idea how fedex works. Fedex does not 'have to ' give time to cure, or any notice. Only AFTER it goes to arbitration -which will require thousands out of pocket upfront- will the contractor have a chance to make any claim of unfair treatment.

Whether fedex would do that depends totally on how they feel at that moment. Claiming that fedex has to give you time to cure before termination is like saying you will never get shot because it is illegal. Pure nonsense. Read your contract. You have rights you can enforce only AFTER they unfairly terminate your contract and it will be costly and fedex will use every late delivery as a violation when you do end up in arbitration months later.

It will be fine

That is pure BS. Fedex can terminate them and wait for the contractor to hire an attorney, and pay for arbitration, and if the contractor wins, wins only a small amount. In the meantime- several months- the contractor will need to make payments on the vehicles along with insuring them if financed. You clearly have no idea how fedex works. Fedex does not 'have to ' give time to cure, or any notice. Only AFTER it goes to arbitration -which will require thousands out of pocket upfront- will the contractor have a chance to make any claim of unfair treatment.

Whether fedex would do that depends totally on how they feel at that moment. Claiming that fedex has to give you time to cure before termination is like saying you will never get shot because it is illegal. Pure nonsense. Read your contract. You have rights you can enforce only AFTER they unfairly terminate your contract and it will be costly and fedex will use every late delivery as a violation when you do end up in arbitration months later.
You havenā€™t held a contract for over a decade but you want to tell me how things work? Okie dokie. Thanks for the tip. Lulz

bacha29

No one could have predicted your view that any set of circumstances will lead to a workforce unwilling to work. Lucky for me thatā€™s not reality and the people I employ like having jobs.
I'm sure they will when they actually acquire employment of a sufficient quality to be recognized as a true job. Unfortunately what you have to offer is quite a distance away from that level.

Look, we've been through this before . The image of a self made businessman operating his own unique self created business enterprise that you keep throwing up to us was blown completely out of the water a long time ago.

The cold fact is that you are simply a firewall, cannon fodder that Fat Freddy can throw into the breech in an effort to make certain that union representation never extends beyond the pilots. There is simply no other credible reason for them to keep you around given that you're not doing anything he can't do himself.

And when it comes to due process of law, there is simply no governmental structure, no governing legal authority in place with the power to make certain that any legal skirmishes that might otherwise occur between you and Fat Freddy will be a fair fight assuming of course that you're dumb enough to believe that you could actually win a court fight of any size or complexity let alone a protracted and costly one. They'll just spin you around and around until you run out of money.

Oh sure, you could try to take them to arbitration if you want to but everyone knows that Fat Freddy reserves the right to choose the people who will be seated on the arbitration board which means that you lost even before you made it in from the courthouse parking lot.

It will be fine

I'm sure they will when they actually acquire employment of a sufficient quality to be recognized as a true job. Unfortunately what you have to offer is quite a distance away from that level.

Look, we've been through this before . The image of a self made businessman operating his own unique self created business enterprise that you keep throwing up to us was blown completely out of the water a long time ago.

The cold fact is that you are simply a firewall, cannon fodder that Fat Freddy can throw into the breech in an effort to make certain that union representation never extends beyond the pilots. There is simply no other credible reason for them to keep you around given that you're not doing anything he can't do himself.

And when it comes to due process of law, there is simply no governmental structure, no governing legal authority in place with the power to make certain that any legal skirmishes that might otherwise occur between you and Fat Freddy will be a fair fight assuming of course that you're dumb enough to believe that you could actually win a court fight of any size or complexity let alone a protracted and costly one. They'll just spin you around and around until you run out of money.

Oh sure, you could try to take them to arbitration if you want to but everyone knows that Fat Freddy reserves the right to choose the people who will be seated on the arbitration board which means that you lost even before you made it in from the courthouse parking lot.
Itā€™s Friday, I just checked my bank balance. The money is there. Sorry that your failure makes you so upset at those of us that continue to be successful.

bacha29

Itā€™s Friday, I just checked my bank balance. The money is there. Sorry that your failure makes you so upset at those of us that continue to be successful.
The difference between you and me is that as a matter of principle I wouldn't stoop to the level you did just for the sake a of a larger bank account when it obviously comes at the expense of the complete destruction of the industry's long history of paying family sustaining wages and benefits.

You see, I'm just not as greedy as you are. And greed will be a major contributing factor resulting in the reintroduction of stiff new state and federal industry regulations , almost certain to occur if there's a "blue wave" in November

Therefore, the best way for you to hold onto the con you're running would be to make certain to vote Republican in November. While your state only has 11 electoral college votes your "Duce" will need all of them plus 260 more.

OrioN

It's been almost 2 decades of this RPS, FXG model... I don't think it's going away anytime soon. Are they really Co employers? Yes

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's been almost 2 decades of this RPS, FXG model... I don't think it's going away anytime soon. Are they really Co employers? Yes
Still a scam. Contractors only exist as a firewall against the union. That and assume all the risks, headaches for a mock ā€œbusinessā€ and the constant repairs on those crappy vehicles.